Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I need to read it all first and digest both statements. There's a lot there.

Valuation of club aside - but the ultimate outcome being Barmacks 49%, WS plus existing fan stakeholders 51% or am I reading that wrong?

Which makes Barmacks the party with the majority - for less than £2m over 6 years.  

3 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Don't disagree but first things first... let's not be complacent for the next month.

The reason I say it is because they are still going to be voting on decisions in the short term - so there is urgency. On whose mandate did they contribute to a unanimous vote? It's not tenable that they continue in place even in the short term.

This also shows the ridiculous farce where the WS are in a voting minority on the Exec board.

Just now, standupforthemotherwell said:

Don't forget a decent amount of the non WS shareholding will be with McMahon and friends 

I didn't 🙂 You can guess where they'd side but even if they didn't there's no practical way you could group the rest into effective opposition.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

The reason I say it is because they are still going to be voting on decisions in the short term - so there is urgency. On whose mandate did they contribute to a unanimous vote? It's not tenable that they continue in place even in the short term.

This also shows the ridiculous farce where the WS are in a voting minority on the Exec board.

Fair point but (without having the docs to hand) you can't call an EGM at the kind of notice and find replacements etc in the timescale that would make the hassle worth it given what's at stake in the other battle.

I would be expecting the three on the Society board to be packing their bags on July 15 as well tbh.

21 minutes ago, Swello said:

They have come out with a good statement and are doing the right thing but 3 WS board members actually voted for this (and basically making the WS obsolete) - let that sink in.

This might be very unfair but I do wonder if people that are on both the Exec and WS board were part of that 3.

Dickie, Feely and the other wan are all wee nodding dugs, Get them to f**k anaw. Useless cuunts. 

The season is over McMahon. Get yerself to f**k and don't darken the doors of FP again ya fucking charlatan. 

Having read it - it just seems a lot of hassle for f**k all or less than f**k all, really. 

Like others, I'm up for exploring outside investment. But, no ta. 

Interesting note that the WS are still open to working with Barmack's in the future. So they can be full on baddies. 

Now over to the WS and their strategic plan....

Edited by eliphas

Genuinely as annoyed as I've been with the club for as long as I can remember. The Executive board should be ashamed of themselves for letting this happen.

If this is passed it'll be one of the first nails in the Motherwell coffin.

16 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I need to read it all first and digest both statements. There's a lot there.

Valuation of club aside - but the ultimate outcome being Barmacks 49%, WS plus existing fan stakeholders 51% or am I reading that wrong?

So from everything I've read, Barmack gets 49%, WS end up with 46% which means the existing 28.3% of ordinary shareholders diminishes to the outstanding 5%?

71.7% to 46% all for £200k for 3 years and £250k for the next three while writing off £434k owed to the WS.

Edited by Vietnam91

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

I wonder how much has been discussed about this in the past. The WS have been ok with being in a minority on the board while having 70%+ ownership but now it seems to be an issue when that drops. Should have been sorted long before now...

It's not quite the same type of deal obviously but based on the investment we got as a fan owned club (agreed to without proper consultation which at least you are getting but that's for another day) somehow the Motherwell board have valued your club at less than the deal we got in the Championship.

Hope it all works out the way the fans want it to.

On 05/06/2024 at 19:06, Busta Nut said:

Flying out next Thursday, we're flying out to Brussels, 5 of us. we're then driving to Munchen. We've 2 nights there, Then on to a Town called Fulda where we are basing ourselves. before one night in Stuttgart. Then we fly home. 

Cannae wait.

2 minutes ago, standupforthemotherwell said:

I wonder how much has been discussed about this in the past. The WS have been ok with being in a minority on the board while having 70%+ ownership but now it seems to be an issue when that drops. Should have been sorted long before now...

Absolutely but this is a failure of the governance we were all talking about months (or even over a year?) ago - essentially leaving it all to Burrows was great when it worked and having no plan or people in place for his departure was appallingly negligent.

However, what's done is done, and I'm much more interested in looking forwards than apportioning blame for past mistakes.

Going by some of the rumours over the last couple of months I was expecting a fairly underwhelming offer, but this is so dreadful I can't help but feel I must be missing something.