Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

This is my main issue. I don't necessarily think Erik's up to something nefarious in amongst this. My main issue is that we don't even have our own house in order while trying to bring in another investor. McMahon should exit his post as he intended to. We need to then sort out a new board that works *with* the WS instead of treating them as a hindrance and revisit the investment. 

No Liam Kelly update today, though. Something must be up. 

5 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Kelly, walking into preseason with 6 days left on his deal:

Im Out GIF

8 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

This is my main issue. I don't necessarily think Erik's up to something nefarious in amongst this. My main issue is that we don't even have our own house in order while trying to bring in another investor. McMahon should exit his post as he intended to. We need to then sort out a new board that works *with* the WS instead of treating them as a hindrance and revisit the investment. 

McMahon was getting jealous

4 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Whatever Erik's plans & intentions are, or aren't, you can't help but feel a little bit sorry and embarrassed on his behalf for having to deal with what appears to be one or more incompetent charlatans on the Board.

The fact that, despite all this, Erik still hasn't told us to stuff our club up our arses implies that he expects those aforementioned plans & intentions to somehow make him an absolute f**k-ton of money.

Been saying this for a while, why would he put so much effort in, engaging with all and sundry, getting abuse and accusations, if he doesn't see something, majorly, in it for him. He knew, or didn't, know anything about Scottish football before he started this but he does seem to know about making money.

He's not getting involved with us out of the goodness of his heart. He really could'nt give a rats arse about the club which is fine if in the end both sides get something out of it. It seems far too one sided to me and the reason that I have zero interest and will never vote for it in anything close to it's current form.

47 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I can only assume the reason this whole thing hasn't been covered on the Terrace is due to the combo of you all being at the Euros and eh, how the hell do you condense this into a half hour podcast?

ETA: There is probably enough here for Wild Sheep to make a mockumentary about the absolute woeful incompetence of the bowling club blazers at our club no matter the outcome of any future votes.

Essentially aye. Some more of the boys are back today and I've been working on Scotland HQ for the last fortnight or so, so... Yeah.

Open invite to anyone that wants to come on and take me through it. 

The restraint Ketts showed in that wee Twitter video to explain why he thought France would win the Euros. Unreal for him to get that under half an hour. 

8 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-rangers-celtic-33092208

We've apparently turned down a £750,000 bid for Theo Bair.

Add a zero on the end of that and we can start talking 

@RandomGuy. - relevant to your interests?

Also...quite nice that there's a number out there given the Executive Board's "lengthy" statement last week.

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

@RandomGuy. - relevant to your interests?

Also...quite nice that there's a number out there given the Executive Board's "lengthy" statement last week.

Aye, double it and we'll talk, frankly. If he's in demand and people want him, we shouldn't settle for anything less than that,

Just to have a short break about the Investment talk, what's going on with next seasons kits?

They have generally been announced by now and the latest was the 23rd June last year. Most of them being either early or mid June.

Seems strange we are promoting some training kits before the main football kit.