Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I think the top will grow on people and be an alright top to cut about in. When you throw the shorts and socks in the mix it gets messy for me. This picture in isolation looks decent.   

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It looks better in the Davor pics I think for some reason. Maybe it's the tan.2024-24-Home-Kit-Carousel_03.thumb.jpg.8c622ae06089cf71d22341a70c6f7d92.jpg

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It looks better in the Davor pics I think for some reason. Maybe it's the tan.

Do you think he'll have the same glow when he learns Theo's away?

I hardly ever buy football tops like most in their 30s, but made an exception last season and got me and the wee man the home kit, so hopefully one day he'll have the kit from when he was born in both baby and adult size (if he hits XL).

That one this season is absolutely hacket though. Other than the jester top, which I look back on fondly as the first strip I ever saw us wearing, I don't think I've ever truly liked a home strip that doesn't have a band. It was probably easier when there was only a requirement for a new home kit every two years, but I do appreciate these days when we've been consistent with sponsor and kit supplier, there are only so many ways you can do claret band on an amber shirt. You can still manage something better than that though!

The amount of folks who get properly bent out of shape every single year when the new strip is announced...

"f**k, it's a band, not a hoop!"

"f**k, it's a hoop, not a band!"

"f**k, it's neither a band nor a hoop!"

"f**k, it's neither a hoop nor a band!"

"f**k, it's THE relegation strip!"

"f**k, Luminous Yellow!"

"f**k, Petrol Blue!"

"f**k, all Black!"

I actually like a break from the norm, my favourite all time strip is the 1994 Motorola away, Claret with Amber vertical stripes...

I loved the 95, 96 (?) Blackburn Rovers / Jester strip...

And I loved the 'relegation' strip from 2 seasons ago...

Each to their own, and all that...

But that top is class in my opinion...

I think I like it more, the fact it doesn't actually look like a traditional football top...?! 🤷‍♂️

It's honestly quite incredible it's got to this stage, where the owners of the club are expected to sell their vision and strategy and a potential investor isn't. 

The current executive board are not fit for purpose and should not be leading any negotiations around potential investment, particularly McMahon who should already be gone, going by his own timeline. 

While I'd say my frustrations are directed towards the current board, Erik Barmack has offered absolutely nothing of a strategy or the start of one, be it around his offer or how he'd work with the WS, despite being asked numerous times for one. Hardly reassuring. 

Hopefully the information people like @Vietnam91 have worked hard to get and share makes it back to those who aren't on football forums. 

Edited by MurrayWell

4 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

You can stay.

I'm always very tickled at folk appearing with rando usernames and immediately being able to identify other rando usernames. It's like watching someone being able to read morse code. Sensational.

Would it spook you if I were to say one of my favourite Blondie tunes is (I'm Always Touched by Your) Presence Dear? 

32 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

A distraction from the talk about the new home kit to take us back to the Barmack offer (yay!)

A really interesting thread from Sean Baillie over on twitter.

Fair play to Sean for getting that out there. In an ideal world he wouldn't have to but it's at the point now, as a number of us have said, that there is no, or varying levels of, trust between Club/WS/EB. 

But what I would say if Sean or others close to him are reading this...

Rule #1: Do not use Facebook or Twitter/X as the only measure of actual real life feeling. It's an absolute grief chasm. Something me and a lot of MFC supporting friends avoid so it's not truly representative.

Edited by eliphas

Not on Facebook any more but I ventured on.

Think how much the WS board could have achieved if they weren't hit with this nothing burger and had to deal with it for 6 months. I hate to think how many hours have been taken up collectively dealing with this unadulterated ego trip.

Some people not getting the reality that 50.1% (which changed), Erik having 3 seats and casting votes (which did not).

To carry any board vote, the majority shareholder needs a minimum of 5-3 to win it.

Now the date is pushed back because Erik and McMahon changed the goalposts 10 days after what should have been their best and final offer. But the WS get it in the neck. It's unbelievable.

All this "we need to see a business plan" while fuelled by a desire for Erik who has produced nothing of any substance of yet is a rid neck.

The double standard of having a go at people who most importantly care enough about the club, have given up their free time to make things better over someone with zero football experience, zero tangible plan, running another business that is more profitable -8 hours away and had no idea what a Motherwell was last Christmas is wild. Do they think they're going to get 24/7 bat signal access?

To denigrate 'volunteer' as if its a bad word or they're incapable. When you see those people at Fir Park 4 nights a week, wind your neck in.

All this shows in an information vacuum people will fill the blanks with conjecture.

I wonder how many of these naysayers will actually show up to the inevitable WS face to face meetings, you know, the same one's the board have bottled it from.

To the WS board, you work is recognised, it may not feel like it when you're getting it from all sides for stuff outside your control and despite being undermined from within. Stay the course!

Edited by Vietnam91

13 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Hopefully the information people like @Vietnam91 have worked hard to get and share makes it back to those who aren't on football forums. 

One thing I'd say is, and it's anecdotal, but my old man is nowhere near the internet and will be a no vote. 

36 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

A distraction from the talk about the new home kit to take us back to the Barmack offer (yay!)

A really interesting thread from Sean Baillie over on twitter.

What if you're not on X / Twitter?