Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Big fan of this from Derek.

Superb.

Calling out Erik to show us some kind, any kind of plan to take us forward or make us think having him onboard would be beneficial (it wouldn't, he's a fucking shark).

Calling (in a thinly veiled manner) the Exec. Board a bunch of dithering auld dicks who have let the club stagnate in recent times with no vision to progress other than taking a wild punt on an opportunistic American chancer.

'Mon the fuckin' Society!!.

I wonder how much overlap there is on Facebook /X etc. between the vocal set of people who slag off new signings before they’ve even kicked a ball for us, and the vocal set of people with their tongues currently lodged up Erik’s small intestine. 

Without any evidence whatsoever I suspect it’s quite a large overlap. 

20 minutes ago, fatcalf said:

Nice to be noticed cheers. 

Alright guys, been following the thread as a guest for a while so can I firstly say thanks to all of those spending so much time dissecting this proposal so expertly and giving me more ammunition in my FB and Twitter fights. I've been using my Daft Laddie account on Twitter as that has way more exposure than my personal one, probably a wrong move given it's a business but to be honest I couldn't care less. If folk stop buying T-shirts cos they don't agree with me they can do one anyway. As stated up there in the quote I have noticed a great many coming on to attack my posts, hopefully I've managed to handle the majority but one thing I did notice at the weekend. On the official club FB post, many of those responding were completely unknown. Maybe others will not think much of it but over my time selling the fanzine and other things I've come to know a great many Well fans and none of these people rang a bell as having taken part in any previous discussions. I mean the overwhelming majority were unknown to me, so I checked into a few of the pages, no posts on their own page for 6 months, 12 months, a year, 2 years, some even longer. Not many with obvious Motherwell paraphernalia on their profile page either. Maybe I'm just letting it all get to me a bit much but that suggests dark forces at work. 

Whatever, I've stayed off chats for years for various reasons but I felt I had to come on and just say you have kept me going at times. It's soul destroying when you have to continually repeat "the exec board run the club, WS are a safety net, blah blah blah."

But it will be worth it in the end when we run these charlatans out of town. I reckon we should form a guard of dishonour for McMahon and Dickie when they collect their belongings and walk out the front door for that last time.  

Got to just keep fighting the good fight mate. A big personal commitment from yourself to put your head above the parapet on your DL account rather than personal to maximise exposure, just shows the strength of feeling you have on the situation like most of us dyed in the wool guys who have followed the club through thick and thin all our days. We just need to get the message across to the blinkered and easily led. I wouldn't worry about it affecting sales, I'd guarantee that 99.9% of your customer base will be aligned with our thinking. 

There's definitely an orchestrated 'dark forces' at work with all of these new and long-since dormant accounts suddenly becoming active. Keep the faith (northern soul style), keep spreading the message  and we will prevail.

On McMahon and Dickie trying to sell us down the river... would a public stoning be a step too far??

5 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

On McMahon and Dickie trying to sell us down the river... would a public stoning be a step too far??

That's a disgusting thing to say.

You forgot about Tam Feely...

Edited by camer0n_mcd

Brilliant execution from Moses.

Keeper well and truly caught out.

From what I saw we did ok today. Hard to keep the ball against Twente and some ropy defensive moments. O'Donnell had a few and Casey had a howler. Oxborough made some good saves, no chance with the first gaol (which was a handball)

Miller looked really great when he had the ball. And his free kick was decent. Maybe a better keeper saves it.

Twente had a decently strong side out. IDK who they have away on international duty but they had about half their first team on the park and guys who were getting on regular game time last season. A very positive sign.

Oh and IDK what dimensions the park were but I think it was Tom Sparrow managed to put a throw in all the way to the back post. caught me interest.

55 minutes ago, fatcalf said:

Nice to be noticed cheers. 

Alright guys, been following the thread as a guest for a while so can I firstly say thanks to all of those spending so much time dissecting this proposal so expertly and giving me more ammunition in my FB and Twitter fights. I've been using my Daft Laddie account on Twitter as that has way more exposure than my personal one, probably a wrong move given it's a business but to be honest I couldn't care less. If folk stop buying T-shirts cos they don't agree with me they can do one anyway. As stated up there in the quote I have noticed a great many coming on to attack my posts, hopefully I've managed to handle the majority but one thing I did notice at the weekend. On the official club FB post, many of those responding were completely unknown. Maybe others will not think much of it but over my time selling the fanzine and other things I've come to know a great many Well fans and none of these people rang a bell as having taken part in any previous discussions. I mean the overwhelming majority were unknown to me, so I checked into a few of the pages, no posts on their own page for 6 months, 12 months, a year, 2 years, some even longer. Not many with obvious Motherwell paraphernalia on their profile page either. Maybe I'm just letting it all get to me a bit much but that suggests dark forces at work. 

Whatever, I've stayed off chats for years for various reasons but I felt I had to come on and just say you have kept me going at times. It's soul destroying when you have to continually repeat "the exec board run the club, WS are a safety net, blah blah blah."

But it will be worth it in the end when we run these charlatans out of town. I reckon we should form a guard of dishonour for McMahon and Dickie when they collect their belongings and walk out the front door for that last time.  

Welcome MJ, as one of the more well known Motherwell fans for various reasons it's good to hear your thoughts on this (I'm not on Twitter).

It's a shame that you even have to think about a detrimental effect on your own business just for standing up for our club...especially when standing up for our club has literally been the whole point of a lot of your ventures over the years, but being willing to use your platform and fight the good fight is much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Brilliant execution from Moses.

Keeper well and truly caught out.

From what I saw we did ok today. Hard to keep the ball against Twente and some ropy defensive moments. O'Donnell had a few and Casey had a howler. Oxborough made some good saves, no chance with the first gaol (which was a handball)

Miller looked really great when he had the ball. And his free kick was decent. Maybe a better keeper saves it.

Twente had a decently strong side out. IDK who they have away on international duty but they had about half their first team on the park and guys who were getting on regular game time last season. A very positive sign.

Oh and IDK what dimensions the park were but I think it was Tom Sparrow managed to put a throw in all the way to the back post. caught me interest.

Balmer has the rocket of a long throw.