Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

ICT in talks with an American investor, with the club needing £300k as quick as possible to prevent them being forced into administration...

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

ICT in talks with an American investor, with the club needing £300k as quick as possible to prevent them being forced into administration...

Club in free fall, box office manager, supporter unrest, local politics, possible promotion seasons, the actual scottish fucking highlands, loch Ness, this is perfect, Erik, fill yer boots.

36 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Club in free fall, box office manager, supporter unrest, local politics, possible promotion seasons, the actual scottish fucking highlands, loch Ness, this is perfect, Erik, fill yer boots.

It even has the word "Caledonian" in it. Make it fucking so!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbfF9yruLiILpG_xvH7zH

Edited by Doctor Manhattan

34 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

In terms of what he's wanting to do, complete control at ICT for £2m is a much better situation for EB than what he'd get with us...if he can afford it and move quickly obviously.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

I'm not a big balance sheet guy but it's nice to get a fee in that £1-1.5m range- the first since James Scott I think? There's obviously been the pretty regular income stream of tribunal fees for young guys running their contracts down, the sort of random opportunistic deals like Gallagher, KVV or Watt plus the once (or twice) a generation Turnbull/Miller money. Bair feels like the first example in a while of the model  working well, incredibly well really in this instance 

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

I get that point of view but He's an absolute athlete, Train him to perfect some of the basics and he's gonna score goals.

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

I get that point of view but He's an absolute athlete, Train him to perfect some of the basics and he's gonna score goals.

Aye, I think this is a good deal for us and Bair but we're hardly ripping Auxerre off imo. I've seen a few folk make Conor Sammon comparisons in terms of getting a move off one good season- I know the Killie version was a different player from the one we ended up with but Bair has much more to his game than that IMO.

My biggest doubt about Bair continuing his progress is whether he'll play... I think if it ends up being 10 mins off the bench again, it's hardly an outrageous prediction he'll stall. It took an awful lot of regular starts for him to make the leap with us...whether Auxerre will consider him a starter or a project, I've no idea but he's quite right to bank the cheque and find out. Us too, obviously.