Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

44 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Did someone say Stuparevic can play as a #10 too or have I imagined that?

It was suggested given glimpses of his playing style so far, whether that's accurate or not...no idea.

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Watching this on a stream with no commentary is bringing back the worst of early memories of Covid Ball. 

I think it's better without commentary. It was dire the other night imo.

Nice to get an early goal and a very Moses finish based on the highlights vid posted when he signed. Good play by Paton annd Wilson. Already look more creative than we did during the week. 

Again similar to Wed midfield to up front is not quite at it. The final pass and cross is not great. 

Paton off injured. Hopefully not serious as even if he would not be in my starting 11 we can ill afford another midfield injury.

Clyde have been OK. Pass quite well and had a couple of efforts at goal. Look better than Montrose did.

We need another goal or two as don’t want to be 1-0 going into final 10 minutes like midweek. 

Lewis Irons is yapping away but he's being drowned out by the drums.

That Miller pass to Moses ought to put another zero on his value by itself.

Wilson doing really well, especially linking with Paton. I wonder if he'll do the same with Halliday?

3 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Once again we have been unable to turn our control of the game into goals. We need to be way more ruthless.

Agreed; we had some real chances to counter and some heavy touches from Moses, Wilson, Robinsonand Paton cost us the chance to break. We've gotten in behind a bit more but Wilson is showing he doesn't have the same final ball as Gent did (yet).

59 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It was suggested given glimpses of his playing style so far, whether that's accurate or not...no idea.

I think I saw some quotes from his old coach saying he could play there as a 10/support striker type.

1 hour ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Paton is undroppable.

I'm fairly sure he's there due to lack of real options in that position. If the window closes and our business is concluded and he's still there? That's when I'll get annoyed.

Granted I had to nip out and missed a chunk of the first half but, lack of finishing apart, we're playing well. Could have scored four at the start of the second half alone.

I think if we get one soon it'll end up three or four, if we don', a repeat of Tuesday awaits.