Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 hours ago, YellowJacketBoi said:

That statement mentions fans being banned and those involved denying any wrong doing, have we got any examples of those scenarios? Or do we just believe it because Bob is a baddie? Lot of rubbish. 

I'd say the three in court last Monday who had the case binned due to having zero evidence against them, who were subsequently told they were still banned would be an example of that scenario, yes. 

Also, the main talking point of the weekend is how class SODs was, so that 0 for 2 from you.

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

Next week is important, beating St Johnstone and Ross County is more valuable than bearing Hearts.  

While you're correct, it's also not nearly as funny.

9 hours ago, YellowJacketBoi said:

Shame how few link the lack of the idiots keeping the ball when it comes into the stand, setting off pyro, bigotry and goading police/stewards to a better experience on at Fir Park.

So many calling out Bob too. Maybe visit the ground on a week day and see how hard he works, easy to be keyboard hard men.  

That statement mentions fans being banned and those involved denying any wrong doing, have we got any examples of those scenarios? Or do we just believe it because Bob is a baddie? Lot of rubbish. 

Aye ok Bob, get back to work, there's a good lad.

47 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'd say the three in court last Monday who had the case binned due to having zero evidence against them, who were subsequently told they were still banned would be an example of that scenario, yes. 

Also, the main talking point of the weekend is how class SODs was, so that 0 for 2 from you.

That’s something that hopefully is resolved, goes without saying we can’t afford to be excluding fans for no reason.

The against stadium bans rhetoric is fine if people are acting in a manner that doesn’t merit bans. Throwing objects, going against rules on pyro, they never seem to learn.

We've had a whole summer of talking endlessly about off field malarky - can we please try to keep things about what really matters? And what really matters at the moment was that glorious late tackle that Halliday got booked for yesterday. 

14 hours ago, Gallus Numpty said:

Any PASS-approved card like an EasyID or Young Scot card would do it.

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/identity/easyid

https://young.scot/the-young-scot-card/

Cheers. I'm not sure how widespread these things are but it looks as though some form of id is needed for free bus travel so you'd imagine they're almost universal. Seems surprising they didn't have id on them (on the assumption their id shows the age they want to show). All sounds a bit heavy-handed though, I think id only just stopped being lifted over at that age!

7 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

f**k it. I'll pile on the Well Bois. I hate the drum, I hate the constant singing. It is background noise that very often has zero relation to what is happening on the park.

The atmosphere at the Hearts game was one of the best in a long time. It felt more in tune with the game and I think the players responded to it better.

This is a great point and I agree. I enjoy the noise and singing in general but because it is all orchestrated by it's very nature it often has nothing to do with what's happening on the pitch

7 minutes ago, YellowJacketBoi said:

While your views on Bob are clearly aligned with most on here, you’d need to get your head looked at if you think Bob is coming on here.

Now you're trying too hard Bob.

Edited by Dosser1886

11 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Great performances all over the park. Special mentions for Halliday, Davor, Wilson and most importantly SOD who probably had his best game in a Motherwell jersey.

Really hope with Halliday it's a sign of what he is actually capable of and will now try to consistently provide rather than putting in 100% effort as a one off against his former club to "show them"

As usual with a lot of these topics, there's a middle ground. I sit in the Cooper and Block E undeniably add to the atmosphere (and are often the only atmosphere) but I'm too far away from them to be affected by anything else they're being accused of. I have been affected by pyro at some of the away games and I've also witnessed heavy-handed stewarding and policing at some of these other grounds. There also seems to have been an increase in trouble outside the grounds which may have led to some of the recent issues (I'll be honest, I don't know the details and nobody seems to be going into them).

In short, if there a few who genuinely deserve bans then they need to accept it and move on but otherwise I hope both sides can be reasonable and this can get sorted. 

8 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

f**k it. I'll pile on the Well Bois. I hate the drum, I hate the constant singing. It is background noise that very often has zero relation to what is happening on the park.

Aye, I've said this previously. The young lads do a lot of good things (and fair play to them for following their local team when there's plenty of other options out there) but scudding a drum relentlessly for 90 minutes isn't creating an atmosphere. It's just scudding a drum relentlessly for 90 minutes, which gets on yer tits after a while. 

I'm just an auld c**t, tbf, but a classic, spontaneous, burst of "Motherwell Motherwell Motherwell..." after a goal was joyous yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Swello said:

We've had a whole summer of talking endlessly about off field malarky - can we please try to keep things about what really matters? And what really matters at the moment was that glorious late tackle that Halliday got booked for yesterday. 

Don't disagree, but how about SODs cementing Salazar a minute into the second half that he didn't get booked for.

On the actual football, that was exactly the type of performance you want to see from a Motherwell team. We didn't give Hearts any time on the ball for the vast majority of the game, with the exception of that slightly more nervy 10-15 minutes after they had scored out of nothing. 

I was a bit critical of Andy Halliday's performance, but not his effort, in recent weeks. Yesterday was, by a distance, his best performance for us. More of that please.

Wilson is growing in confidence with each game, and it's encouraging to see Kettlewell continue to give the younger players a game when they've earned their place. Seddon looks very assured though, I would imagine he will ultimately be the first choice, but it's good to see Wilson becoming an option there. 

SODs is great, so is McGinn. I think we've finally got a really good balance of experienced players, who still add so much at this level, and younger players with a point to prove across the squad. 

Gordon has been a terrific signing so far, no coincidence that our defensive improvement has happened after adding him. I said last week Casey was probably the one I'd still have a question mark over there, yesterday was his best performance in months. Bar deciding to wipe Oxborough out at the end for no real reason, it was a calm and assured performance from him. 

Lennon Miller is different class. 

Said a few weeks ago I thought we were only a couple of players away from being a pretty decent side, and while I still think there is work to do, last week's gutsy and patient performance against Killie and yesterday's display show we look like we're moving in the right direction. 

Edited by MurrayWell

Young fans will always be a bit "edgey" and want to push the boundaries of what is allowed. It's what makes it fun for them. 

Its also what allows for rules to be changed that are quite frankly ridiculous.

If we all sat there and did as we were told by the authorities without challenging anything, then women wouldnt have the vote and you could still beat your wife with a stick no bigger than your thumb (extreme examples, I know).

That said, there needs to be some acceptance and collective responsibility from Block E and The Bois, that when they get it wrong and push it too far, the club simply have to act.

The club is also subject to the rule of law and also SPFL / SFA regulations. If they continued to flout them, ignore them, push the boundaries, they will eventually be fined/punished.

Dialogue is the key.

That way we can all get on with supporting Motherwell however we want to do it in a safe and enjoyable manner.