Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, Archie McSquackle said:

I think it was @Vietnam91 who posted highlights from the last game before the split against Hibs last season but I can't find it (it's been a bit frantic in here 😄). Was it not Tavares that was running us ragged in the second half?

No, he never played that day. He did play in the 2-2 game at Easter Road in January and looked good albeit Blair Spittal was the wing back that day.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There are clips from games against us in here.

Fast, direct and likes a shroo ball.

Could be a player in there. I can see our forward line being chaos when we throw on subs to chase a game (like the first few months of last season when, to be fair, we did get a fair few late equalisers).

We used to finish games with just Hutchy at the back, we are going to have a back 3 then Lennon Miller then chaos up front after the 65th minute if we are losing.

Edited by ropy

11 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Club say they are done. See us the mora.

See, I'm not having them listing Halliday and Nicholson as new signings.

Also, the "race" for Tavares today...Borthwick posted Killie and ourselves being interested at 14:36. By 15:48 the Record had him signing for us.

I mean, he may well end up being pish but it's a giggle how short that "race" actually ended up being.

Edited by capt_oats

For a while we've all been crying out for a bit of pace in the team, Vale and Tavares add a bit of that. Overall we've had a good transfer window, there haven't any red flags so far (albeit we haven't seen half of them) and we're well covered in all positions.

Bring on St Johnstone tomorrow 👊.

Edited by camer0n_mcd

Goalkeeper; Oxborough, Hegyi 

Full Back; Wilson, Seddon, SOD, Kaleta

Koutroumbis 

Centre Half; McGinn, Balmer, Casey, Blaney, Gordon 

Midfield; Davor, Callachan, Halliday, Miller, Sparrow, Paton, Slattery, Nicholson, Wells

Forward; Watt, Tawanda, Vale, Jair, Stuparević, Robinson, Ebiye, Stametoloupolous, Ferrie

Edited by camer0n_mcd

3 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Goalkeeper; Oxborough, Hegyi 

Full Back; Wilson, Seddon, SOD, Kaleta

Koutroumbis 

Centre Half; McGinn, Balmer, Casey, Blaney, Gordon 

Midfield; Davor, Callachan, Halliday, Miller, Sparrow, Paton, Slattery, Nicholson, Wells

Forward; Watt, Tawanda, Vale, Jair, Stuparević, Robinson, Ebiye, Stametoloupolous, Ferrie

We have some fantastic names in the squad this year

Not unhappy overall, despite my reservations today about adding more attackers when I thought a midfielder would have been the obvious addition..ofc Jack still possible.

Looking at the squad above, there's no inherent reason not to think survival - or a little more - is possible. But as ever, it'll come down to margins, injuries, do you concede or score from set pieces etc.