Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Regarding the non-penalty:

I thought it was a dubious challenge "live" so I'm not surprised it was reviewed, however the VAR spent its time looking at the foot-on-the-line contact.

If they'd ran it forward then the second challenge was a clear spot-kick.

Still, we scored soon after so it's irrelevant now.

COYW!

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Fair play.

Wouldn't have done that, even rolling, without an indication of how the rebuild goes.

Oh aye I wasn't disagreeing at all, even as someone who quite likes Kettlewell. Just laughing at the timing of it, which absolutely nobody must have expected?

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

8 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

"Ah'm gonnae take yon microphone an' shove it so far up yer arse".

They don't like losing, do the fair maids of Perth?

Was that Eilidh Barbour's BBC match report ? 

51 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Oh aye I wasn't disagreeing at all, even as someone who quite likes Kettlewell. Just laughing at the timing of it, which absolutely nobody must have expected?

Seven points from four games, progress in the cup, might as well renew him now as it's quite possibly the high point of the season!

Relatively solid performance for the most part, with some disappointing play that led to their goal. Davor almost sold the jerseys late on, but our defense recovered well to snuff it out, something they did a few times when St J broke.

Until that backpass, I was thinking that Davor had another great game for us, and has settled into his role. Halliday was good again too. Paul McGinn is the man though, my MotM today.

We used 5 of our forwards today, and all of them contributed in different ways. One thing I will say is our forward line is going to be an utter pain in the arse for defenders this season.

Regarding set pieces, the complete turnaround from last season in both boxes is impressive. I'm going to claim that Obika is responsible.

3 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

One thing I will say is our forward line is going to be an utter pain in the arse for defenders this season.

I was convinced you were going to end that 'for us to watch ' this season.

You're definitely right that they run themselves into the ground but you do wonder if we'll win enough games with an attack which so often makes a poor final choice or mucks up when well placed.

But arguably the best way to replace a star striker with goals spread around.

Indeed, I'll idly wonder just that after my third celebratory beer later!

Delighted for Moses btw...big goal v Killie, doesn't get off the bench v Hearts because of circumstances, but is absolutely on fire for a 10 minute opportunity when it came this week. Outstanding.

Great win. McDiarmid Park is always a hard place for us.

Thought we looked comfortable until we decided to concede a pretty soft goal (from our perspective anyway). 

Seven points from the opening four games, and progressing in the cup, is great going. 

Moses only scoring goals is fine with me! 

Edited by MurrayWell