Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I think ultimately, it's an opportunity for clubs to make more money, by getting folk in earlier by having a beer in the ground rather than at a pub.

Tends to be bigger (plastic) bottles at a lot of English clubs, which are decent? 

Don't tend to do much boozing now anyway, but anything that moves Scotland away from the Wee Free/"but what about the children!!!" Attitude is to be supported imo.

24 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I think ultimately, it's an opportunity for clubs to make more money, by getting folk in earlier by having a beer in the ground rather than at a pub.

Tends to be bigger (plastic) bottles at a lot of English clubs, which are decent? 

Don't tend to do much boozing now anyway, but anything that moves Scotland away from the Wee Free/"but what about the children!!!" Attitude is to be supported imo.

Unless they change the rules where are people going to drink ??

in England your not allowed to drink in view of the pitch it’s all done in the concourse under the stands very few Scottish clubs have these facilities.

I was in a box at Anfield and drink could only be served and consumed with the blinds drawn As soon as they were opened no drink was served or able to be consumed 

14 hours ago, Jastons6 said:

That's another step . AFAIK football fans in England are allowed to drink on the concourse but not in their seats.  Cricket and Rugby fans are. 

At Murrayfield you can take your £6+ cans of Tennent's o your seat.

Given you can get a drink with hospitality at half time, and the cooper bar for example can serve until kick off to anyone it doesn't seem a big legal jump to allow folks to buy a beer in the ground.

Say in the cooper one of the kiosks becomes a bar where you can get a half time pint/big plastic bottle but you can't take it to the stand (bad example for us with the cooper being the "family stand" but it's an example of how easy it could work like in England).

It probably makes more sense for away fans when all the pubs near the ground are for home fans. Let the club make some coin from them and folk get a couple of bees before the game without the hassle.

The current beer garden thing the club is doing makes perfect sense for the good weather period, surely something similar to that or the cooper bar could be set up for the away stand.

Our current issue is getting people in to the East Stand quicker...

Anyway back to proper business, assume the same team as last week with Kaleta in for SODs and Watt back on the bench.  Not necessarily what I would but I think it's what Ketts will do. 

Edited by Feet in the Wishing Well

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Unless they change the rules where are people going to drink ??

in England your not allowed to drink in view of the pitch it’s all done in the concourse under the stands very few Scottish clubs have these facilities.

I was in a box at Anfield and drink could only be served and consumed with the blinds drawn As soon as they were opened no drink was served or able to be consumed 

Maybe we'll finally get use out of those big black sheets that cover that back of the East Stand.

Robinson dropping back a bit with Moses as the striker or playing two up?

I've no problem with the idea of there being starters and finishers rather than subs, which is pure rugby patter but it's not a terrible idea, like Robinson/Moses is going to have 60 minutes so you run yourself stupid in that period knowing getting taken off isn't a sign of poor performance but part of the plan.

We seriously need to be giving Wilson a new deal ASAP as possible. The guy is solid defensively and getter better and better going forwards each week.

We should also be offering Miller an extra year and a pay rise while we’re at it. 

I don’t know if it was mentioned last week but the clock no longer stops at 45 and 90 minutes. That’s a great improvement. 

3 minutes ago, tamwell said:

That was stressful! Absolutely tremendous 3 points, we would have collapsed under that pressure last season.

Class save from Big Casey.

Absolutely, that was a match winning save and totally worth it.

19 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I don’t know if it was mentioned last week but the clock no longer stops at 45 and 90 minutes. That’s a great improvement. 

The SPFL rule book mentioned previously that clubs that have clocks on display must stop at 45 and 90 for whatever reason. I'm assuming that has finally been punted. 

Those 8 minutes at the end were torture though as I kept peeking to see where we were. 

Those Balmer throws BTW. 

Just now, Cloontang said:

The SPFL rule book mentioned previously that clubs that have clocks on display must stop at 45 and 90 for whatever reason. I'm assuming that has finally been punted. 

Those 8 minutes at the end were torture though as I kept peeking to see where we were. 

Those Balmer throws BTW. 

Balmer was solid when he came on except for getting booked for coming on too early.