Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

On 07/12/2020 at 10:33, well fan for life said:

Hopefully we can come to an agreement to bin 6 or 7 folk in January to bring in 1 or 2 people who might be in danger of contributing something to the team. 

On 07/12/2020 at 11:16, well fan for life said:

I refer you to the words of the honourable gentleman, @thisGRAEME.

Related to these two posts and the general discussion re: player turnover I had a quick check of how many players are out of contract in the summer. The results will shock you.

Out of Contract:

GK: Fox, Chapman, Archer (January)
DF: Carroll, Mugabi, Dunne (January), Devine, Hussain, Gallagher, O'Donnell (January)
MF: Campbell, Crawford (January), Polworth, Cornelius, Semple
FW: Hastie (loan expires), Seedorf, Lang (loan expires), Cole, Long, Robinson, MacIver

Total: 22

4 deals expire in January and I guess there's the potential of Rangers recalling Hastie given how few minutes he's getting.

Edited by capt_oats

Out of Contract:
GK: Fox, Chapman, Archer (January)
DF: Carroll, Mugabi, Dunne (January), Devine, Hussain, Gallagher, O'Donnell (January)
MF: Campbell, Crawford (January), Polworth, Cornelius, Semple
FW: Hastie (loan expires), Seedorf, Lang (loan expires), Cole, Long, Robinson, MacIver
Total: 22
4 deals expire in January and I guess there's the potential of Rangers recalling Hastie given how few minutes he's getting.

Do we not have a squad of like 28? Alan Burrows has already said that there are multiple players who the club are looking to seal new deals with. Campbell and Gallagher being two I’m sure but it would be highly unlikely we’d keep both. More than likely that both will be away in the summer, whether or not they go for nothing is the worry.

Expect the young boys will sign new deals but it looks like a big rebuild job for Robinson in the summer.

15 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Do we not have a squad of like 28? Alan Burrows has already said that there are multiple players who the club are looking to seal new deals with. Campbell and Gallagher being two I’m sure but it would be highly unlikely we’d keep both. More than likely that both will be away in the summer, whether or not they go for nothing is the worry.

Expect the young boys will sign new deals but it looks like a big rebuild job for Robinson in the summer.

First Team: 28
Reserves: 7
Out on Loan: 5

So across all squads we've 40 on the books.

Of the 28 first team squad we have 5 either out long term or recovering from long term injuries.

The first team players currently contracted beyond next summer are: Carson, Grimshaw, Lamie, McGinley, O'Hara, Maguire, Donnelly, White and Watt.

Edited by capt_oats

33 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

First Team: 28
Reserves: 7
Out on Loan: 5

So across all squads we've 40 on the books.

Of the 28 first team squad we have 5 either out long term or recovering from long term injuries.

The first team players currently contracted beyond next summer are: Carson, Grimshaw, Lamie, McGinley, O'Hara, Maguire, Donnelly, White and Watt.

Lamie and White - 😱

Another massive rebuilding squad in the summer and require quite a few changes this winter window. 

If BBC Sportsound could bother their arse to review or even discuss another top flight team other than wetting their pants over Celtic poor form and gushing their pants over Rangers good form they might ask questions about Motherwell formation and team selection and transfer business........

I know I re read that paragraph above and laughed too. NEXT TO NO CHANCE......

Went on the Millwall forum to see what their take on recent events were. Wasn't surprised to see what I did.

I was surprised to see a topic on Jordan Archer and them reveling in the fact he conceded 3 on his debut for you. How's he looked anyway?

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Went on the Millwall forum to see what their take on recent events were. Wasn't surprised to see what I did.

I was surprised to see a topic on Jordan Archer and them reveling in the fact he conceded 3 on his debut for you. How's he looked anyway?

For anyone who hasn't had a look at the Millwall forums it basically looks like this: 

35E0F441-6042-45A7-A9BD-2F402115363F.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm frankly amazed that's the most surprising thing you discovered on the Millwall forum...

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

What else is there to discover?

Was making a joke about them all being arseholes, but I've realised that's not surprising, so I've fucked up here tbh.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Difficult to say really. Saturday was his first game and he barely had a save to make in the first half.

I don't think he was really at fault for any of the Hibs goals and he made a few decent stops particularly the one from Boyle just before the opening goal. Based on one game and 3 goals conceded he still probably instils a bit more confidence than Chapman.

He's in a bit of a weird spot in so much as Chapman had kept the jersey after a couple of clean sheets and he's only signed until January which is roughly when we're expecting Carson back. He arrived having not played a game since January with Oxford. It looks like left Millwall end of 18/19 couldn't find a club, took a short term gig with Oxford then moved to Fulham as 3rd choice 'keeper.

That short stint at Oxford has been pretty much his only regular football since summer 2019. Going by their forum he was largely fine for them.

He did an interview with Not The Old Firm and it seems he had been on trial with Bournemouth before he pitched up here.

Edited by capt_oats