Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I wondered if we might go back to 352, assuming Campbell and Maguire are available.

Archer
O'Hara Mugabi Gallagher
O'Donnell Campbell Maguire Polworth McGinley
Watt Lang

Given that you are able to push Hibs matches back at will we should have moved this to the Monday to get wee Al and Maguire reincorporated into the squad.

We are utter dugmeat. 

There's the constituent parts of a decent midfield at the club. Defence & up front are both utter, utter, utter shite though. Seedorf is a rapid but has absolutely no footballing brain, Long can't be arsed and Hastie hasn't actually touched the ball for about 4 months now. 

23 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Barring a meltdown and relegation dogfight or a cup run in the Scottish I'm really going to struggle to give a f**k about the rest of this season.

I’m struggling to keep paying attention to the stream to be honest. Checking the coupon on the phone was far more interesting by midway though the second half.

57 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

If at all possible I'd bin Lamie, Hastie, Seedorf, White and Long in January and reinvest the wages into 1 or 2 players who are either of better quality or who actually want to be here.

Add Mugabi and Crawford to that.

We are so soft up front. Watt and Lang look decent fodder for an actual striker but neither is threatening 15 goals a year.

Actually barring maybe Gallagher & Campbell we're as soft as shite all over

16 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Actually barring maybe Gallagher & Campbell we're as soft as shite all over

Robinson's post-match was more forgiving than last week but I thought it was interesting that the gist of it was a slightly more polite version of Busta's post.

We need a bit more "nastiness" at times and lack "devilment" was his phrasing and saying we lack experience in the team. Again he's talking about naive defending.

I mean, he's not wrong and it's not the first time he's had to say that in his time as manager.

Edited by capt_oats

Barring a meltdown and relegation dogfight or a cup run in the Scottish I'm really going to struggle to give a f**k about the rest of this season.

Same, only missed 2 home games since getting my first season ticket at 9 years old but watching the games on a stream twinned with the performances on the park, I find myself sitting looking at my phone for 90 minutes. Just can’t get up for it at the moment.

Only positive from today’s game - Stream worked perfectly for me.

Too many negatives to mention them all so I’ll just ask how Hastie managed to make it on the pitch?

I've said before that we'll be somewhere between 5th and 8th this season. Add that into the likelihood we won't be at any games in the flesh this season, I'm another that is slowly caring less and less. My main frustration today was Stenhousemuir not scoring in the 2nd half, meaning my coupon was fucked. 

We're not great to watch. We've not got a player to get excited about, we don't have a goalscorer and we ship goals at a farcical rate considering we have two Scotland internationals in our back four. 

There is a lot of absolute shite in our squad that we need to try and get shot of in January. Are we really any worse off if we got rid of Lamie, White, Hastie, Seedorf & Long? 

We'll limp through to the end of the season and hopefully Robinson makes a better fist of it next summer. 

Edited by Desp