Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Said a few pages back, I'll be interested to see if he's as ruthless with his own duds he actively sought to bring to the club as he has been with previous managers duds.

12 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

less like Shaw, Souare and Obika

Thing is the writing was on the wall with all three, I mean we even punted the loanee only for him to rock back up when the January striking targets fell through and tried to make it look like we didn't.

At least Souare was only signed on a 6 month deal. He also had a Mea Culpa regarding Obika at the AGM.

20 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Said a few pages back, I'll be interested to see if he's as ruthless with his own duds he actively sought to bring to the club as he has been with previous managers duds.

He ditched Wilkinson, didn't let Souare hang around, held his hands up on Obika and tried to get rid of Shaw.

There's nothing to suggest an arrogance in holding onto his own signings is on his flaw list.

11 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

He ditched Wilkinson, didn't let Souare hang around, held his hands up on Obika and tried to get rid of Shaw.

There's nothing to suggest an arrogance in holding onto his own signings is on his flaw list.

Not strictly true on a couple of those.

From what I've heard, we have signed up two players on pre contracts already.

Not including the Livi guy we've been rumoured before.

Also Paul mcginn is waiting to sign as he is looking at all other options. Since he's 34, this will most likely be his last big move so he will be waiting for anything initially. Good luck to him but hopefully we either sign him on for another season or he leaves early so we focus on a replacement.

7 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Also Paul mcginn is waiting to sign as he is looking at all other options. Since he's 34, this will most likely be his last big move so he will be waiting for anything initially. Good luck to him but hopefully we either sign him on for another season or he leaves early so we focus on a replacement.

Would Halliday count as one of those PCA? 

Narey's Toepoker posted a good list of all of the OOC players in the Premiership.20240504_135940.thumb.jpg.5c5396bacd747966ddc2ea106bb5bbdc.jpg

3 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Would Halliday count as one of those PCA? 

Narey's Toepoker posted a good list of all of the OOC players in the Premiership.20240504_135940.thumb.jpg.5c5396bacd747966ddc2ea106bb5bbdc.jpg

Was told they werent with the club right now.

Didnt Haliday has also already signed the pre contract back in January along side the loan? Similar to Lamies situation?

32 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

"Big" is very generous there!

And aye, no harm to him but no hanging around.

17 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Really looking forward to seeing Moult, Watt , Grimshaw and Gallagher scoring against us at some point next season. 

I'm really looking forward to United attempting to stay up with them, frankly.

Yeah, by big it obviously means bigger than what Motherwell can offer. Some English League one teams could probably double his wage and might want him for his experience.

But who knows. As long as we don't drag things out and have actual back up plans.

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm really looking forward to United attempting to stay up with them, frankly.

Aye. Moult and Watt miss a lot of chances, when they get less every game itll cost them more.

On 03/02/2024 at 16:01, dezz said:

I said on here before the winter break that Theo would hit double figures this season. I’d like to revise that and say he’s going for 15. Some boy. 

They said it couldn’t be done! 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Speaking of Louis Moult...

Best ever league return for us: 15

Theo Bair's current league return for us: 15.

Narrative eh? 

Puts Bair ahead of quite a few former goalscoring heroes in terms of league goals scored in 1st season at club:-

Relying on memory,

van Veen

Higdon

Sutton

Porter

Edited by Eliphas Pettigrew
updated to add league goals

1 minute ago, Eliphas Pettigrew said:

Puts Bair ahead of quite a few former goalscoring heroes in terms of goal scored in 1st season at club:-

Relying on memory,

van Veen

Higdon

Sutton

Porter

Off the top of my head too but I always thought Higdon was 16 in his first season. 

Point still stands though, Bair has been great for us this season.