Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

So - an extra game suspension? Total unforced error and more than mildly embarrassing.

Edited by Swello
I'll leave the factually correct bit.

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

So - an extra game suspension? Total unforced error and more than mildly embarrassing.

It would have been two anyway, I think. One game for two yellows or denying a goalscoring opportunity, two for serious foul play and three for violent conduct is how it goes, I'm sure.

You were never winning it, but you had no choice but to appeal after Kettlewell and Kelly had their wee tantrums in the press.

18 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I like Vale and in an ideal world I don't think that'd be sending off but it's a really weird hill to die on. Our seasons over and Vale probably won't be here next season, just give Moses a start?

Would definitely like to see that, I think we should be a bit bolder - at least sometimes - with a 3-5-2. Vale, whether by accident or design, ends up so deep we're close to the legendary central six again.

It doesn't feel as though it makes any difference now but the VAR review panel has us in one of the games where the decision was considered to be wrong. Supposedly VAR should have recommended an onfield review of the late handball claim in the home game against Aberdeen and a penalty should have been awarded.

Strangely, I didn't think it should have been a penalty at the time and the general consensus seemed to be that neither handball (Bair's at Lennon's equaliser) should have been given but handballs seem to be getting given for these. I really don't know where players are supposed to put their arms.

44 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

It doesn't feel as though it makes any difference now but the VAR review panel has us in one of the games where the decision was considered to be wrong. Supposedly VAR should have recommended an onfield review of the late handball claim in the home game against Aberdeen and a penalty should have been awarded.

Strangely, I didn't think it should have been a penalty at the time and the general consensus seemed to be that neither handball (Bair's at Lennon's equaliser) should have been given but handballs seem to be getting given for these. I really don't know where players are supposed to put their arms.

Neither of them are a handball, for me, but the infuriating bit is that both were reviewed and treated differently. 

Complaining about VAR feels like flogging a dead horse at this point but I reckon it's only making the standard of officiating worse as the season's gone on.

54 minutes ago, ropy said:

Presumably they are saying that Miller’s goal was correctly ruled out, strange.

Was the Aberdeen one not the opposite of the Ross County decision from earlier in the season? (ie - against County, non-goalscorer handball in the lead up, goal given for County - against Aberdeen non-goal-scorer handled in the build up, goal disallowed for Motherwell).

Not really getting how neither decision was adjudged to have been "wrong".

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Wasn't the official (ludicrous) assertion that ours was chalked off because of a deliberate handball by Bair? 

If I remember correctly the County one was deemed accidental because he mis-controlled it so it couldn't be deliberate. Bair was 'deliberate' as it was a first contact.

Could be bollocks mind.

Steelmenonline hasn't let me down thus far in terms of reaction to our new owners being revealed, I have to say.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steelmenonline hasn't let me down thus far in terms of reaction to our new owners being revealed, I have to say.

Steelboy up to his usual maths and stuff I see.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

11 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Steelboy up to his usual maths and stuff I see.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Looking forward to hear more about how we're about to move to a 2000 seater stadium in Abernethy while our new owner builds a super-mansion at McDiarmid and saddles us with £20m of debt.