Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

When I saw him in a couple of the colts/under 20s games he really impressed me, but what jumped out at me was how comfortable he was on the ball and how good he was with both feet, rather than any defensive attributes so it’s figures he’s been converted to a midfielder. 

Funnily enough, the last colts game I remember watching him in, Alex Rodriguez-Gorrin was playing centre mid, before anyone had clocked he might half decent.

3 hours ago, Pettigrew said:

That's what makes it a red in my view - it's "excessive force" per the laws.

If bursting someone's nose isn't endangering their safety - what is?

Excessive relative to what, though? If your face gets in the way of somebody's foot when they're trying to kick a ball, you're going to get a burst nose, however forcefully they're trying to kick it.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

38 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Would be fucking hilarious if the answer to our midfield problems had spent 6 months chilling on the bench again eh?

On this note, I only realised recently we had Turnbull on the bench in the 2018 final and brought on Frear and Bigi instead.

I mean, f**k sake like, I'm not saying he would have scored a hat-trick or something but it would have been worth a shot.

38 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Would be fucking hilarious if the answer to our midfield problems had spent 6 months chilling on the bench again eh?

On this note, I only realised recently we had Turnbull on the bench in the 2018 final and brought on Frear and Bigi instead.

I mean, f**k sake like, I'm not saying he would have scored a hat-trick or something but it would have been worth a shot.

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I mean Robinson's final roll of the dice was to put Chris Cadden as a 10/second striker so it couldn't have been worse.

The only reason I remember him being on the bench is because of your man Bruce Buffer screaming ‘David TurnBALLLL’ into the mic when announcing the teams.
That was quite an unusual part of cup final day that year, why was he even there?

44 minutes ago, dezz said:

That was quite an unusual part of cup final day that year, why was he even there?

Because Willy Hills paid him to.

Why Willy Hills paid him to is not something I know the answer to, but the amount of money he got for about 6 minutes work is quite a gig.

13 hours ago, Gallus Numpty said:

Excessive relative to what, though? If your face gets in the way of somebody's foot when they're trying to kick a ball, you're going to get a burst nose, however forcefully they're trying to kick it.

That's fair enough if he was going in for a diving header...

14 minutes ago, wellfan09 said:

Aye. 99 was cursed no less.

Fair play though, smart 'brand management' wheeling him out to do press after he's scored a (very decent) winning goal.

Edited by capt_oats