Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Matty Matheson and Internet Shaquille are the go tos for this guy.

Haven't cooked a babish thing for a while and went off him when he started doing his "bought my brother a tesla", "turned up at a fan's birthday party" content but any of his recipes I've made are class. The recipe for the mojo pork in his cubanos recipe is insanely good for tacos etc (I think I've put photos in the food thread of my attempt at it). 

As well as the racism scandal the "we're all pals" sitcom element of BA was creepy as f**k by the end. Would love to have a go at some of brad's fermentation stuff. 

Aye, I'm not an OG Babish guy, I only found out about his channel after he'd been doing the more "we exist to improve people's lives. Relentlessly." type content. It's not something he's been doing on account of the pandemic so I've just spent the past year with 'lockdown' going back through his recipes and skipping that stuff.

His whole show is incredibly watchable and as you say the recipes are great.

It was his episode of First We Feast's Hot Ones with him that put me on to "Binging With..." same with Matty and Brad Leone, Hot Ones was my introduction to them as well.

If nothing else it's this stuff that's made me "get" YouTube as a legit entertainment platform rather than just somewhere to watch old fitba' highlights and music videos.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

If nothing else it's this stuff that's made me "get" YouTube as a legit entertainment platform rather than just somewhere to watch old fitba' highlights and music videos.

100%. The last couple of years particularly have cemented that. Hot Ones is a more interesting talk show than any bullshit a tv network has put out in years. Also a big fan of the good lads over at Corridor Digital and their stuff on the film & TV world.

On the whole food shows I'm a fan of F**k That's Delicious as well. The new stuff Action Bronson has put up on his own channel is mad. The guy has lost like 10 stone during the pandemic.

Edited by well fan for life

2 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Matty Matheson and Internet Shaquille are the go tos for this guy.

Haven't cooked a babish thing for a while and went off him when he started doing his "bought my brother a tesla", "turned up at a fan's birthday party" content but any of his recipes I've made are class. The recipe for the mojo pork in his cubanos recipe is insanely good for tacos etc (I think I've put photos in the food thread of my attempt at it). 

As well as the racism scandal the "we're all pals" sitcom element of BA was creepy as f**k by the end. Would love to have a go at some of brad's fermentation stuff. 

There’s another food thread?

Edited by ropy

I sort of like keeping Dunne around the squad as a living tribute to the thunderdome era. With Campbell presumably away and Carson's issues I think we could end up with nobody from the 2017/18 season left in the team next year? 

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

4 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

You just know from that picture that he's about to hoof it up the park to absolutely no one.

Wouldn't have it any other way from the bold Charlie Taxi.

To just one yard into touch.  Cheesy grin, no apology needed.

Dunne feels like a player from a different era, when men were men and we kicked and elbowed everything that moved and not a single f**k was given.
giphy.gif&key=267302f8e0de535e838e1416861ed88d867938478b8229533cf432950af4c6d4

I feel like Alexander could bring that back next season. Would love having a bunch of absolute b*****ds cementing folk again.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I feel like Alexander could bring that back next season. Would love having a bunch of absolute b*****ds cementing folk again.

If, for next season, you offered me either sexy, ball playing Motherwell or putting together a team of complete arseholes who kick their way up and down the country then there is absolutely no contest.

war GIF

10 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

If, for next season, you offered me either sexy, ball playing Motherwell or putting together a team of complete arseholes who kick their way up and down the country then there is absolutely no contest.

war GIF

The first time I get to be at a game and shout "yaaaas!" when an opposition player that's annoyed me gets subsequently halfed will be a special moment. 

54 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

war GIF

Lasley should re-register as a contingency.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Realistically I don't think we were ever winning either of those finals but can you imagine how much piss it would have boiled if that team had managed silverware? 

If Sinclair hadn’t gone down we were still in that game 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Realistically I don't think we were ever winning either of those finals but can you imagine how much piss it would have boiled if that team had managed silverware? 

Unfortunately I wouldn't have been around to see it as my head would have shot directly from my shoulders into the night/summer (delete as appropriate) sky and detonate like that time Ayr set off all their fireworks in 4 seconds.

11 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Unfortunately I wouldn't have been around to see it as my head would have shot directly from my shoulders into the night/summer (delete as appropriate) sky and detonate like that time Ayr set off all their fireworks in 4 seconds.

Fairly certain Duchy Park would still be knee deep in empty cans tbh.

With me in the middle making can angels.

You know what. That's the plan.

We win anything when the pubs aren't open yet/or are closed after, we all go to the dutchy and drink cans. Maybe even taking yer pints there from the leccy once the pubs do open.

Obviously takeaway from the Chilli Hut.

12 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It would certainly have fried Rangers supporters' "brains" - a team that basically kicked f**k out of them in the Semi's going on to beat Celtic - how to react to that?

I've watched that LC semi back a few times since and by modern fitba standards - it was pretty brutal and a bit of a throwback (which is fine by me). xG was not on many people's minds that day.

14 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I sort of like keeping Dunne around the squad as a living tribute to the thunderdome era. With Campbell presumably away and Carson's issues I think we could end up with nobody from the 2017/18 season left in the team next year? 

The fact that Grimshaw was originally a Baraclough signing and he's been at the club under every manager since then (even allowing for his sabbatical at Preston) is a bit of a head f**k as the Bara era seems like... ages ago.

I see one of the club employees is still tweeting about fans in stadiums. Now unhappy only 12k are getting in.
The way they are coming across is not impressive and tweets like this
image.png.e31c8b48016665b63c82206214133f2e.png

image.png.216348c6d4dd49a03eadf6c61f1708ea.png

make them look even less impressive.
when replying to someone who mention the actual sad stuff is the deaths and illness involved in this pandemic and not the fact only some fans are getting into the fitba this was the reply
image.png.b9ee1b5667f4f0cf28208b2649efaf6e.png

I don't think this is the first time they've been in the spotlight for similarly foolish tweets. I mean, read the room eh?