Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Mind Steven Anderson got hooked after 20 minutes to let Danny Grainger wonder what the f**k to do with him? Heady days.

It's not often you feel sorry for an opposition player - but that was one of those...

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Even if it's like Chris Humphrey where the fullbacks were so terrified of being left in a cloud  of dust that we were unwilling to push up too far, it would be a good thing.

Ha, I said literally the same thing to someone a couple of hours ago. Agree completely. 

I think the big difference to then is when Humphrey was still in his project phase, we still had Sutton and then Blackman scoring regularly. This season Woolery and every other inconsistent but has pace and potential forward gets judged a lot quicker and harsher when there's no one around acting as insurance. And just as Humphrey became truly dangerous he had higdon finishing his assists.

PJ away to Alloa on loan.

There was an interview he did last year and was saying he wanted games but I've a feeling he picked up an injury earlier in the season.

Actually here's the quote:

“We will see in the summer what the plan is for me at Motherwell, whether that’s going out on loan again or not. Graham Alexander (Motherwell manager) hasn’t been in very long so I haven’t spoken to him too much.

“But he knows I have got another year left on my contract. He knows I need to play games. I have been really lucky. Liam Kelly has come through the same path as I have, going out on loan and getting games. It’s brilliant to see that this path works out, going out on loan and catching the eye for Premiership level. Liam is a great goalkeeper and a great guy.”

Link

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

PJ away to Alloa on loan.

There was an interview he did last year and was saying he wanted games but I've a feeling he picked up an injury earlier in the season.

Actually here's the quote:

Interesting that he was needed for the bench on Sunday then he’s off, good luck to him - I see he is being joined by Ross McIver

Things that have spurred us on to a good run : a pumping from Rangers.

Times when we have underperformed : when we think we are a bit better than we are against seemingly weaker teams

Maybe we should have taken the hit yesterday.

34 minutes ago, ropy said:

Things that have spurred us on to a good run : a pumping from Rangers.

Times when we have underperformed : when we think we are a bit better than we are against seemingly weaker teams

Maybe we should have taken the hit yesterday.

Nope I enjoy being us xx

10 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Depends. Pre-selection questions are as follows: 
1. what do you know about Tony Straker

2. paneer - yes or no?

1. I know the following about Straker (This is purely my knowledge, I definitely didn't google and find it on some random Motherwell site): Motherwell have been synonymous with having a number of fine left backs to represent the club, unfortunately for Anthony Straker he’ll probably be best remembered for causing many ‘Well fans to wake at night in a cold sweat due to his defensive performances rather than anything else.

2. No on the paneer.

17 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Mind Steven Anderson got hooked after 20 minutes to let Danny Grainger wonder what the f**k to do with him? Heady days.

Danny Granger still wakes up in a cold sweat at 2am, thinking about Chris Humphrey. Particularly the 4-1 game at FP.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I mind Humph gave Izaguirre a right rotten time any time he was up against him

Yep - and given that Izaguirre's only strength was as an attacker, the fact that he rarely crossed the halfway line against us was great.