Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

So £1m plus for Marvin all in then? Only the third player in our history to bring in a seven figure sum.

Don't think he'll ever be held in the same high regard as the other two, though.

Grimshaw & Paul McGinn in over the next couple of days then?

I think the Marvin deal could literally be the best bit of transfer business we've ever done given that he was nowhere near the player McFafdden or O'Donnell were (in my time, getting Davie Cooper for 50k might have been the only better one). The £8m we get for Kipre next summer will top it though :)

1 hour ago, Desp said:

So £1m plus for Marvin all in then? Only the third player in our history to bring in a seven figure sum.

Don't think he'll ever be held in the same high regard as the other two, though.

Buying McGinn off Thistle are you? The sneakiest team in the league have pinched him from under your noses.

7 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think the Marvin deal could literally be the best bit of transfer business we've ever done given that he was nowhere near the player McFafdden or O'Donnell were (in my time, getting Davie Cooper for 50k might have been the only better one). The £8m we get for Kipre next summer will top it though :)

Neymar's record may be short lived if the day ever comes where we sell big Cedric.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

McGinn's joined Thistle. I guess that explains the Grimshaw thing a bit more clearly.

Aye, I'd have said Grimshaw as a wing back, tell him to run up and down the flank as that's his thing really. He'd give cover centrally too. If nothing else he fits in to Robinson's whole robust template, he's also quite the unexpected former player signing.

Edit: update from the bold Flow. Deal with a Championship side agreed for Heneghan.

Edited by capt_oats

I think this is good news - If there is money from both heneghan and Johnson, we would be under no pressure to sell anyone else, almost regardless of the offer. Interesting to see if we will pay a modest fee for the incoming players as that seems to get us access to some better prospects..

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think this is good news - If there is money from both heneghan and Johnson, we would be under no pressure to sell anyone else, almost regardless of the offer. Interesting to see if we will pay a modest fee for the incoming players as that seems to get us access to some better prospects..

Aye, on a broader scale it's also interesting in terms of the whole "platform" thing. Moving from us to a EFL Championship side, that's essentially the sort of pathway we've been trying to sell to players. Clearly the main thing is the dollah though.

Interesting to read that Johnson's apparently suggested that he felt he should have moved straight to a Championship side rather than Oxford. Clearly that's not gone down too well, seems there's quite a few Oxford fans a bit salty about the whole thing.

Edit: sensational stuff from the bold yin. Some boy.

"...now I have managed to get to the Championship where I have been wanting to be since I had the speculation last year when I was at Motherwell.  That was my aim at the time."

Edited by capt_oats