Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The next person is a step down, whoever it may be.

Maybe it was the guy who was moaning at him at Twitter about it being £2.50 for a Ribena that's pushed him over edge.

Awrabest 'Flow, you've earned the opportunity to put your feet up for a bit and tell c***s on Twitter to f**k right off.

Not really sure what to think about this. 

My head says it’s a good move for us and the club to maybe get some fresh ideas in and move us forward as we seem to seriously going backwards. 

My heart says, shit, losing a complete Motherwell man from the role will be hard to recover from and is this actually indicative of bigger issues behind the scenes. 

Very sad day. I think those who were looking for this outcome have quite the "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" moment approaching on the horizon.

My gut feeling doesn't even wonder at any issues behind the scenes or it being indicative of something deeper. I fully expect it's to try and avoid having had a stress-related heart attack by the time he's 45.

Edited by Al B

16 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Bit odd the statement doesn't say why? And without knowing any of the circumstances, this January window is a bloody odd time to announce it.

Don't worry, the reply guys will ask him soon enough. 

If he hasn't something lined up already, I doubt he'll be out of work for long, now it's known he's available. He's had his detractors but has done some sterling work in his time in post. Other clubs looking to bridge the 'them and us' gap between boardroom and support, and establish a more open relationship in the way he's done here will be sniffing around, I'm sure.

All the best to him, his successor will have a tough gig emulating his approach and success. They'll also need a big heart and the patience of a fucking Saint if they have a Twitter presence.

Genuinely gutted by this news.

Despite what the moon-howlers on twitter say, the guy understands and is passionate about the club, does his best to stick up for our interests and is very engaging with the fans (almost to a fault).

He's made mistakes but who hasn't? 

Restricting the **** to 2k in the playoff game was a masterstroke of a decision that no previous steward of the club would have had the balls to make. For that he will always have my respect.

Edited by beesher