Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Thank f**k we swerved the Play Off as getting relegated by Brian Graham and Steven fucking Lawless would've been really, really shite.

Having said that, pleased to see Jack McMillan has turned into a smashing right back. He's come a long way form when we were getting scudded 5-1 by Dundee in McGhee's last game.

Edited by capt_oats

Aye, McMillan has turned out to be a really decent full back, and he’s definitely bulked up since he was with us. I actually thought he was fine at top flight level when he was at Livi and looks like he’ll be back up next season.

1 minute ago, dezz said:

Aye, McMillan has turned out to be a really decent full back, and he’s definitely bulked up since he was with us. I actually thought he was fine at top flight level when he was at Livi and looks like he’ll be back up next season.

I'm equally gutted and raging that he never got a proper chance with us. Looked very good anywhere across the defence. 

2 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

We shouldn't be touching him with the proverbial.

It's a shame for the away day crowd County look doomed but delighted Thistle up really.

Dingwall and back is a chore when you're an auld guy. A wee stoat about the West End then wander along a couple of pubs towards Firhill. That's a grand wee day oot virtually on your doorstep. Mon the Maryhill Magyars!!.

Personally I loved the GTF list, only person complaining about it should be Josh Morris. Talk about making someone feel unwelcome.

I do hope we are not trying to keep all the out of contract players and it was just a dig at morris.

27 minutes ago, gullane said:

"Livingston striker Joel Nouble is attracting interest from Europe and the Scottish Premiership club would want a transfer fee of £1m. (Herald - subscription required)"

So what price for our Kev?

Probably £200k……….tongue in cheek. 

I doubt Livi would get £1m for a player who scored 7 league goals. He is a handful and was possibly injured for part of this season but you would take KVV even at 32 years of age any day of the week.

Rumours that Groningen are sniffing about as they have been relegated to equivalent of our Championship and want back up asap. But that might simply be Dutch club needing striker and Dutch striker being available. 

I want Kev to get a big pay day but anything less than £750k and we are as well keeping him for next season. 

38 minutes ago, gullane said:

"Livingston striker Joel Nouble is attracting interest from Europe and the Scottish Premiership club would want a transfer fee of £1m. (Herald - subscription required)"

So what price for our Kev?

I'm often amazed by what fees end up being paid but a million for Nouble seems mental.

I reckon we'll get 500k-ish up front for KVV plus whatever in add-ons.

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

Personally I loved the GTF list, only person complaining about it should be Josh Morris. Talk about making someone feel unwelcome.

I do hope we are not trying to keep all the out of contract players and it was just a dig at morris.

I kind of feel sorry for the narrative on Morris - the guy literally played one full league game for us.

I'm not saying I'm not pleased the situation is resolved and I'm not saying that he ever impressed me but it's not his fault he was signed by a manager who got sacked before the season started and further to that it's not his fault that Alexander got sacked.

I get how he's a figurehead of sorts for the demise of Alexander, but if I was him I would certainly feel hard done by about how much of a scapegoat I'd become.

45 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I'm not saying I'm not pleased the situation is resolved and I'm not saying that he ever impressed me but it's not his fault he was signed by a manager who got sacked before the season started and further to that it's not his fault that Alexander got sacked.

It isn't, but similarly, there's nothing to say he couldn't have got his fucking head down and got to work. He's played in a similar type role to the one Goss has played latterly for us for Scunthorpe. Absolutely nothing to say that if he hadn't wanted to, he couldn't have got some minutes.

That he's been binned off entirely for months certainly suggests he was more hassle to have around doing nothing than it was to have him here doing something.

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

It isn't, but similarly, there's nothing to say he couldn't have got his fucking head down and got to work. He's played in a similar type role to the one Goss has played latterly for us for Scunthorpe. Absolutely nothing to say that if he hadn't wanted to, he couldn't have got some minutes.

That he's been binned off entirely for months certainly suggests he was more hassle to have around doing nothing than it was to have him here doing something.

Aye and as harsh as it is, that's football...Spittal, Butcher, Casey etc just got on with it.

16 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I didn't have any great beef with him - but I can't think of many examples over the years of players that were out the picture simply fucking off while getting paid by the club. I'm never ITK, so I've always assumed it was the club's decision but if it was he must have been either (a) unbelievably pish and stinking out training every day or (b) an arsehole of some description.

I found the fact that the club didn't come out with "family matter" or "knee" the weirdest part of it TBH.

15 minutes ago, Swello said:

I didn't have any great beef with him - but I can't think of many examples over the years of players that were out the picture simply fucking off while getting paid by the club. I'm never ITK, so I've always assumed it was the club's decision but if it was he must have been either (a) unbelievably pish and stinking out training every day or (b) an arsehole of some description.

I found the fact that the club didn't come out with "family matter" or "knee" the weirdest part of it TBH.

That statement would have been quite something, would certainly set a new precedent in terms of squad announcements... 

"Josh Morris - Released.........for being unbelievably pish, stinking out training every day and for being a massive grade A arsehole."

34 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I guess we'll never know the real truth.

Hammell very much prioritised the signing of wingers when he came in. Was he either identified as a bad player or a bad egg straight away? I'm not so sure. When Kettlewell comes in, decides to change the shape and already has recent signings Danzaki, Aitchison and Crankshaw already surplus to requirements, it becomes difficult for him to achieve a clean slate.

I do agree that he's unlikely to be blameless in the situation and could have done things to make the situation better. I think some people's opinion / reaction to him is a bit OTT.