Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

We’ve not really had that many older strikers in my 20 year career watching Motherwell to be honest. 

The only one that’s ringing a bell is Skippy and he really helped Erwin etc be greater than the sum of their parts. 

Fletcher and a youngster from England might not be a bad partnership if we continue with the 352 with Obika and Joe as back ups. 

Also how many pints would you need to have to think streaking is a good idea? 🤣

25 minutes ago, Swello said:

Fletcher would be fine if we didn't overspend - but any sort of bidding war can get in the bin. Get our 10-15 goal league 2 jobber announced.

Agree totally... taking him easily is one thing, if he calls to say St M are offering 50p a week more, we should wish him good luck in Paisley.

Steven Fletcher is a moany, diving w**k that reeks of relegation because he’s spent the majority of his career playing at the bottom end of leagues. 

Obviously this opinion is subject to change if we actually sign him. 

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

We’ve not really had that many older strikers in my 20 year career watching Motherwell to be honest. 

This peaked my own personal interest so I decided I'd look at who we'd had from about 1991. (dunno why that's always my poin of reference as I don't really remember specifics about the 80s)

Only counting folk who were 33 or over (they may also have been with us for a while before hitting 33

Coyne
Arnott
Goodman
David Kelly
Gerry Britton
Paul Keegan
Faddy
Scott McDonald

That it?

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Fletcher would be fine if we didn't overspend - but any sort of bidding war can get in the bin. Get our 10-15 goal league 2 jobber announced.

Pretty much this for me as well. If he's available and up for signing then great - he ticks a lot of boxes. Assuming Shields is one of the "fringe" players we're hoping to offload then in itself signing Fletcher wouldn't preclude us looking at other forward options either.

If we're going up against Robinson wanting to chuck money at him and make him his next Alex Fisher/Jordan White type signing then absolutely let them crack on with it.

18 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Ross County tweeted about a new striker signing soon, earlier today.

2+2 and all that? 

They are signing Brophy from St.Mirren which will free up wages for their bid to sign Fletcher.