Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I don’t acknowledge or recognise anything to do with religion or sectarian nonsense despite being born in Glasgow. 

I see that away kit and all I see is my 1st Motherwell hero. 

It is a real shame many inc Celtic fans immediately jump on that bandwagon 🤷‍♂️. Symptom of Scottish society sadly.

4C0EFD1B-1832-4644-A214-A88D9B5DF0DF.jpeg

Edited by welldaft

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

A mate put it in the right way for me

"The húns don't have copyright on sashes"

I see a "sash" and I don't even think of the orange walks or that, I think of things like Gala days (weird anaw tbf) and Miss Wolrd comp winners.

I think the Airdrie Strip with their "Diamond" is more Orange Walk than anything this things:

Reveal hidden contents

Twelfth of July: Thousands take part in Orange Order parades - BBC News

Mental that anyone would for a second indulge or engage with their absolutely surreal prehistoric compulsion with linking anything at any level with their pathetic own self obsessions with religion and it's associated nonsense.

52 minutes ago, Dosser1886 said:

Mental that anyone would for a second indulge or engage with their absolutely surreal prehistoric compulsion with linking anything at any level with their pathetic own self obsessions with religion and it's associated nonsense.

Well put.  No surrender to those who point out that putting an orange sash on a Lanarkshire team's football strip could have unintended connotations.

15 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Well put.  No surrender to those who point out that putting an orange sash on a Lanarkshire team's football strip could have unintended connotations.

I think you will find it is Amber. And it is their problem… not ours…possibly yours also 🤷‍♂️

Crazy in 203 that there are people getting offended by a line on a football top. Many teams including Manchester City, River Plate and Southampton have all worn kits with a sash on them. The only reason it's a problem here is because Scotland is a backwards country still living in the 18th century. 

27 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

CAIN: Symbols - Unionist and Loyalist0a67ee6e0908f6bd85246e1581135259_720x.jpg?v=1689327875

I think the main difference here is that the bottom one depicts an Amber diagonal on a harmless sports top worn by footballers, whereas the  image above depicts a sash adorned by the badges of a prejudiced institution and worn by outdated religious bigots. 

Hope that helps in easily differentiating. 

3 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

I think the main difference here is that the bottom one depicts an Amber diagonal on a harmless sports top worn by footballers, whereas the  image above depicts a sash adorned by the badges of a prejudiced institution and worn by outdated religious bigots. 

Hope that helps in easily differentiating. 

It was in response to the claim that the colour was different.  As I said in my original post unintended connotations.  

I have no trouble differentiating between Motherwell FC and the Orange Order.

One is an outdated institution that lives on past glories and will probably have either disappeared or be totally diminished in a couple of decades and the other is a bunch of religious fanatics who have no understanding of British and Irish history.

3 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

It was in response to the claim that the colour was different.  As I said in my original post unintended connotations.  

I have no trouble differentiating between Motherwell FC and the Orange Order.

One is an outdated institution that lives on past glories and will probably have either disappeared or be totally diminished in a couple of decades and the other is a bunch of religious fanatics who have no understanding of British and Irish history.

WELL see if you had said that in the 1st place…..

I’ll probably get the stream for tomorrow’s game.

I don’t have a dodgy box so this will be proper fucking covid flashbacks for me. Hopefully Lamie won’t be hilariously bad and we don’t give away a million and one penalties. At least Chapman isn’t in goals and there will be a crowd.

I’m not a massive fan of the away strip but I’m less concerned about strips these days and more concerned with the players that are wearing it.

The old firm will never not be backwards mutants also. In no other country would anyone ever read anything into a perceived slight in another teams away strip.  🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Allroy for Prez