Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

40 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I liked the look of him. Interested to see him in the rough and tumble of league match. But I do get the feeling he's going to do well.

I'm hoping he's a cynical, dirty shithousing bastart - or he's a disgrace to the Balkans.

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm hoping he's a cynical, dirty shithousing bastart - or he's a disgrace to the Balkans.

My eyebrows raised off the back of my head yesterday at Aberdeen signing a "Slobodan" tbqhwy.

Have we signed big Mika yet?

47 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I liked the look of him. Interested to see him in the rough and tumble of league match. But I do get the feeling he's going to do well.

I hope so. My initial impressions were that he was tidy in possession and did not miss many passes. Caveat that with it being against a team from League 2, we were winning 2-0 and did I mention they were down to 10 men.

My worry is he is a small guy and being neat on the ball v lower league opposition who are a man down will not translate well into games v Hearts and Aberdeen in winter. 

Hopefully as you say he will be strong enough to cope with the rigours of Scottish Football at its cynical best. 

4 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

My eyebrows raised off the back of my head yesterday at Aberdeen signing a "Slobodan" tbqhwy.

Have we signed big Mika yet?

Will we sign any forward any time soon. Not panicking by any manner of means. 

Season 2 Episode 1 Panic GIF by Best in Miniature

18 hours ago, welldaft said:

I am quite sure we have had some setbacks along the way, but in the week leading up to the opening league game we appear to be going from having the most lethal striker in the league (last season) to potentially having NO strikers available at all assuming Wilko joins Obika and Efford on the injury list.

It is bad luck no doubt although you could say that Efford and Obika being injured is hardly a surprise.  Hopefully Obika makes it.

Hope to god we can get one or two on board this week. Even if they are not ready to play. The longer it goes on the longer it will take for anyone coming in to get up to speed. 

Agree with this.

I’m holding back on mouthing off at my current concerns over the current lack of striker options and/or my other concerns in areas of the pitch but if we lose on Saturday that may no longer be possible. 

At least 1 of Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen will have a basket case of a season. With the way transfer fees are these days, I'm not convinced that any player signed for 6 figures guarantees that they'll be any good.

This time last year everyone was talking about how decent Dundee United's transfer window was looking. Wonder how that turned out... 

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

I hope so. My initial impressions were that he was tidy in possession and did not miss many passes. Caveat that with it being against a team from League 2, we were winning 2-0 and did I mention they were down to 10 men.

My worry is he is a small guy and being neat on the ball v lower league opposition who are a man down will not translate well into games v Hearts and Aberdeen in winter. 

Hopefully as you say he will be strong enough to cope with the rigours of Scottish Football at its cynical best. 

When we signed him I read he is 5'9" but he didn't look it on Saturday. Alan Campbell was hardly a giant though so I'm happy to see how he gets on.

There's be so many snide comments and expectations as so low - I'm on this guy's side and I'm fully expecting him to be hitting 15 goals this season. Bookmark it*

*and then forget you've bookmarked it.

I mean I can’t believe that Kettlewell has been bold enough to try this. No doubt he’ll score a goal or two by sheer luck, but wow, he was destined for the Canadian league for sure.