Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

45 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

So...Ketts was saying "at least 3 more" in.

That's 2.

lineup.png.ea0d7afc1240c321570248a4dc091bf7.png

What a difference a few signings make. Suspect there might still be one or two more to leave and wouldn't be hugely surprised to see us bring in another midfielder. Given one of those players could well be Maguire, and that Lennon Miller is only 16.

Genuinely intrigued to see how he gets used throughout the season. He has fitted in so comfortably so far, albeit against lesser opposition so it will be interesting to see how he gets on from now on. There can't be many players at the top level, or any level that cement their place in the first team at 16.

14 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol:

"Stuart, how optimistic are you about the new season?"

*minute long answer*

Stuart McCall used to just say "if we take us chances, we'll win" and wander off whistling Follow Follow.

1 hour ago, Neil86 said:

What a difference a few signings make. Suspect there might still be one or two more to leave and wouldn't be hugely surprised to see us bring in another midfielder. Given one of those players could well be Maguire, and that Lennon Miller is only 16.

Tbf, he says he expects a few more to leave in his presser. He's also quite open and transparent about him being happy to bring a few more in although he's sensible not to put a number on that.

We're at an interesting stage as we can pretty much see what our starting XI looks like so it's a question of who's likely to make way and what areas he wants to strengthen.

As @thisGRAEME says wing backs feel like absolute stick ons and I guess we're at the point of the season where the EPL academies are ready to loan out their weans which feels like the sort of market we should be looking at if we're after Furlong/Johnston clones.

Edited by capt_oats

Reading between the lines, I reckon we might have more to come than just a couple as I don't think SK would still be talking about getting folk out the door if he wasn't quietly confident of managing that.

We need at least one if not two wing backs regardless. Ferrie will surely be loaned out and I reckon Efford is for the exit too - with Obika's injury history that means another forward is likely.

If Maguire goes that leaves us with the need for another midfielder as remarkable as Miller is, we'll plan for using him carefully.

So that's 3-4 easily before you consider the centre back situation.

We need to save a couple for transfer deadline day otherwise I'll be refreshing my phone for nothing.

Def a right back and I'd say a midfielder to come in. I'd personally have a winger too, because we're motherwell.

17 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Reading between the lines, I reckon we might have more to come than just a couple as I don't think SK would still be talking about getting folk out the door if he wasn't quietly confident of managing that.

We need at least one if not two wing backs regardless. Ferrie will surely be loaned out and I reckon Efford is for the exit too - with Obika's injury history that means another forward is likely.

If Maguire goes that leaves us with the need for another midfielder as remarkable as Miller is, we'll plan for using him carefully.

So that's 3-4 easily before you consider the centre back situation.

I'm not sure if this was the intention behind your post but I now think we should just keep Maguire tbh.

17 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

We need to save a couple for transfer deadline day otherwise I'll be refreshing my phone for nothing.

Def a right back and I'd say a midfielder to come in. I'd personally have a winger too, because we're motherwell.

First deadline day without Flow. Need to have a new CEO in place so everyone knows who to tweet at.

25 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm not sure if this was the intention behind your post but I now think we should just keep Maguire tbh.

I'd rather roll the dice but if he's bottom of the depth chart because we're spending more on wing-backs, say, keeping him suddenly becomes more appealing.

1 hour ago, rowsdower said:

43 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

First deadline day without Flow. Need to have a new CEO in place so everyone knows who to tweet at.

A Motherwell deadline day with no CEO for roasters to @ and  Thommo the carpark stalker/grainy photographs guy's job redundant? It just doesn't appeal to me tbh.

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Mika and the Bear. The boys. 

This gave me an idea but I have no photoshop skills and feel only lovers of Russian animation, kids TV or parents would get it so I'll save the trouble.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Actually quite happy about that.

No longer anyone to reply the whole 'irons in the fire keep the faith', 'missed out on one working hard', 'depends what other clubs do', 'we can still do business after the window shuts' etc. etc to the same moon units who ask every year. 

In fact some could create an AI bot to do the job probably.