Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

20 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Just back, that boy from Arsenal is absolutely amazing. Never seen a player get the stadium up on their feet like that before. Great skill and determination. So happy we have him for the full season. Our midfield were brilliant. Back line solid and forwards scored the goals. Great 3 points.

I guess you are quite young then … never experienced a Cooper, McFadden, Coyne. Not having a sog, just asking. 

He fair turned the game and looks a great player. Work rate pace, composure and strong as a bull. Makes me more confident for the season ahead that’s for sure. 

Just now, wellboy1991 said:

I guess you are quite young then … never experienced a Cooper, McFadden, Coyne. Not having a sog, just asking. 

He fair turned the game and looks a great player. Work rate pace, composure and strong as a bull. Makes me more confident for the season ahead that’s for sure. 

I experienced them all. Can't say McFadden ever made me feel like that in a well shirt. only time when he scored for Scotland in France. Coyne was a great striker but never got me off my feet. Cooper was special though.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've only heard descriptions of him on the radio. I'm picturing Mika as a sort of Ojamaa type?

Aye. Very much first spell pistols wielding Ojamaa only bigger and better. 

4 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I experienced them all. Can't say McFadden ever made me feel like that in a well shirt. only time when he scored for Scotland in France. Coyne was a great striker but never got me off my feet. Cooper was special though.

Each to their own but McFadden never got you up and excited when he was twisting and turning past players or lining one up from distance?

Agree Coyne a different type of player but McFadden brought a buzz to absolutely - almost absolutely 🙂 - everyone as far as I remember.

To the present day, the HO comparison for Biereth is very apt. I still think we need more out of whoever is alongside him, even with Wilkinson scoring today, but we can breath a fraction easier for a couple of weeks at least. 

Fair enjoyed that second half today, first not so much. 

Mika was excellent, so exciting and Hibs just didn't know how to deal with him. His quality was clear, but what I absolutely loved about his assist and goal was that he just refused to give up on either. 

Midfield throughout were excellent again, special mention for Slattery who had the Hibs midfield rattled. 

All four of our four strikers off the mark now (three out of four in the league) which is class. 

2 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Fair enjoyed that second half today, first not so much. 

Mika was excellent, so exciting and Hibs just didn't know how to deal with him. His quality was clear, but what I absolutely loved about his assist and goal was that he just refused to give up on either. 

Midfield throughout were excellent again, special mention for Slattery who had the Hibs midfield rattled. 

All four of our four strikers off the mark now (three out of four in the league) which is class. 

Agree with this all 💯

Wilko and Mika scoring to add to Bair last week is tremendous for them all and of course for us. Eases the pressure. 

I didn’t really notice Davor when he came on, but presumably we need to give Miller a rest at some point or can we just fire a 16 year old into a 45 game season?

Edited by ropy

5 hours ago, welldaft said:

Looking forward to seeing Mika Biereth. Hope he is a step up from either of the aforementioned 🤞

Think it is fair (even with a small sample size) that he probably will be.

I said to friends on the way to game and friends at the game I have a hunch Mika will turn out to be a baller and a stand out. Hopefully not jinxing it for us or him.

Fair enjoyed that today. Yes Hibs played a Euro game midweek, but I feared for us a little today. But everyone almost to a man was very good. Mugabi I thought had a very solid game 👏. I felt Wilkinson was a wee bit off it up until he scored to be fair. Was surprised Bair was subbed cause I thought he was the bette of the two. But Kettlewell did say post match that he had not trained much.

Great 3 points and hopefully the start of a decent league campaign 🤞