Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Great result yesterday … always in control and never looked like loosing a goal until the handball not much Casey could do about it 

Know all the hype is about Berieth and rightly so but what about the dink pass from Lennon Miller … … sublime form a 16 year old 
We are going to get a lot of money for this boy wouldn’t be surprised if the vultures start circling soon 

47 minutes ago, CoF said:

That's it for me. My main concern was options up-front but between Wilkinson, Bair, Obika and Berieth it feels all of sudden we've got some pretty good options (as an aside, have we ever had a more massive front-line?).

I'm not wanting to piss on the chips for the sake of it but I wouldn't be calling the attack sorted on the basis of two games.

Biereth clearly looked strong but so did David Ferrere for 45 minutes 🙂

The rest all have their flaws we don't need to repeat but a couple of goals doesn't have me relaxed just yet...keep this up till the end of the month and I'll be less nervous.

5 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Know all the hype is about Berieth and rightly so but what about the dink pass from Lennon Miller … … sublime form a 16 year old 

We are going to get a lot of money for this boy wouldn’t be surprised if the vultures start circling soon 

The way big clubs throw money at potential these days I'd be amazed if he's still a Motherwell player this time next year unless there's some 'loan back' deal agreed.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm not wanting to piss on the chips for the sake of it but I wouldn't be calling the attack sorted on the basis of two games.

Biereth clearly looked strong but so did David Ferrere for 45 minutes 🙂

The rest all have their flaws we don't need to repeat but a couple of goals doesn't have me relaxed just yet...keep this up till the end of the month and I'll be less nervous.

Aye, true. I 've probably overstated things saying we have "good options". I should have said that between the four of them we surely can find a decent combo. I've seen bits in all of them to give me that optimism. 

A really positve start to the season!

In the first half, I thought we looked solid but lacked creative spark. Biereth made a big difference. I was encouraged to see Kettlewell make that sub so early, so many managers would have left that until the 70th minute but Kettlewell impacted the game at the right moment. Biereth looks a player, someone to get really excited about.

Great to see Miller starting games, I think we need to enjoy him while we can. Slattery looks like a new player this year. 

Before the game I would have said we were a good few short but having seen Biereth I think we should be fine with another Wing Back and a forward player, whether thats a Spittal type or a Efford replacement I'm not sure

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

The way big clubs throw money at potential these days I'd be amazed if he's still a Motherwell player this time next year unless there's some 'loan back' deal agreed.

Agree    … … Although I think we’ll be doing well to keep him until January 

The worst case scenario would be the end of this transfer window  He has started every game this season even when we played 3 games in a week. Are the club actively trying to encourage suitors????

As you say there has been some funny money paid for potential and this boy has plenty of that 

43 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Agree    … … Although I think we’ll be doing well to keep him until January 

The worst case scenario would be the end of this transfer window  He has started every game this season even when we played 3 games in a week. Are the club actively trying to encourage suitors????

As you say there has been some funny money paid for potential and this boy has plenty of that 

I assume we have put an extension if front of him. Just hope he signs it. Even an extra year would add a few £s on to any potential transfer fee.

Much like Turnbull before and even now he has to learn to do the ugly things well. He is only 16 so I don’t expect him to tackle like Graeme Souness but he does need to be a bit more combative. Of course as a skilful player that is likely to remain a weaker part of his game. There are not many midfielders excel at being both. 

A club may take a punt on him depending how he performs this season. But how much would tempt the club to sell. Sign an extension, play well this season and we may well match or even exceed the Turnbull transfer fee. 

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

See this is my thinking as well, he is only 16, there is no way he is going to go to a club that will pay enough for him and he won't be back playing reserve/u21 football. I'm surprised we haven't seen any articles saying X Y and Z are after him though.

Selling him with a loan back for a season, wouldn't be the worst shout. 

29 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Had a look at dot net last night.

Few posts saying they should be looking to sign him 👀

26 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Bidding starts at a mil. Pay up, Kendell.

Not so cheap Graeme. £1.5m please.

11 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

There he is...

side note. The videos from the weekend have been sketchy for me. Is it my viewing systems or what?

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

Not so cheap Graeme. £1.5m please.

side note. The videos from the weekend have been sketchy for me. Is it my viewing systems or what?

The video/graphics ones yesterday weren't working for me ie: teamlines, goalscorers etc but they're visible now.

Seems like it was a platform issue rather than anything the admin was doing.

Just now, capt_oats said:

The video/graphics ones yesterday weren't working for me ie: teamlines, goalscorers etc but they're visible now.

Seems like it was a platform issue rather than anything the admin was doing.

Aye twitter media player is an absolute disaster the now. Thanks Elon.

45 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

See this is my thinking as well, he is only 16, there is no way he is going to go to a club that will pay enough for him and he won't be back playing reserve/u21 football. I'm surprised we haven't seen any articles saying X Y and Z are after him though.

Selling him with a loan back for a season, wouldn't be the worst shout. 

I mean, we have...

In fairness, he seems entirely comfortable with his situation at the moment. It's pretty well known he patched a whole bunch of exactly the sort of clubs folk are talking about to sign his shree year deal with us.

I guess Miller could be on the "Wee Al" path - ie, plenty of games at 1st team level by the time he's 20 and so much more likely to be able to move south (or abroad) with some prospect of actually playing instead of being in a premiership "youth prospect" meat grinder for a few years and never seeing any first team stuff.

22 minutes ago, Swello said:

I guess Miller could be on the "Wee Al" path - ie, plenty of games at 1st team level by the time he's 20 and so much more likely to be able to move south (or abroad) with some prospect of actually playing instead of being in a premiership "youth prospect" meat grinder for a few years and never seeing any first team stuff.

Honestly I don't think there's any chance whatsoever he'll be playing with us when he's 20.

The boy is top class. A year with us and he'll be off somewhere else, to play, imo.

35 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, we have...

In fairness, he seems entirely comfortable with his situation at the moment. It's pretty well known he patched a whole bunch of exactly the sort of clubs folk are talking about to sign his shree year deal with us.

His dad's a 'Well fan so I assume he is as well. That would have helped when it came to signing the deal.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Much like Turnbull before and even now he has to learn to do the ugly things well. He is only 16 so I don’t expect him to tackle like Graeme Souness but he does need to be a bit more combative. Of course as a skilful player that is likely to remain a weaker part of his game. There are not many midfielders excel at being both. 

To be fair I just watched the 2nd goal back there..

Not only does Miller win the initial header on the edge of his own box in the build up, he then nips in to win ball back again before playing the 1-2 with McGinn and putting the ball through for Mika. By the time the ball hits the back of the net, he’s already up at the edge of the Hibs box!!

He’s miles ahead of the game. For a 16 year child to be strolling about and looking this good already against guys nearly twice his age is ridiculous. 

As other have said just enjoy him, cause he won’t be here this time next year. 

Edited by Casagolda

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

There he is...

Watching the video it starts with a flick through the folder.  This has always annoyed me, Barry Maguire gets told to strip on 79 minutes then spends six minutes having the formation explained to him - could they not cover that through the week?

Anyway I assume the page that was put to Mika said ‘Just get fucking into them’.