Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

We all just accepting "Georgie Gent" as a real name of a real human being aye?

I'm just sad that it's Gent with a hard "G" - otherwise he'd sound like a singer in a Kings Road based 60's pop band.

5 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

I'm going to bet an attacker, on the basis that we have some wee guys that could, in a disaster, play wing-back, but seem absolutely devoid of any strikers in that area.

By the way he was playing in the killie game i think Casey fancies a shot up front.

What’s the script with Ewan Wilson is he just not very good? Is he going out on loan again?

He seemed decent enough to me what I’ve watched of him. Now have Souare, McGinley, Wilson and Gent for the LWB position. Albeit Souare doesn’t seem up to much and is injured and McGinley is shite. 

Just now, Jonnylosqualo said:

Here's hoping the Gentrification of the LB spot leads to the displacement of Nathan McGinley

I mean, McGinley hasn't started a competitive game for us this season so I don't really see that he's in a position to be displaced in the first place.

20 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, McGinley hasn't started a competitive game for us this season so I don't really see that he's in a position to be displaced in the first place.

Not necessarily a displacement from a starting berth, rather just from ML1 as a whole. Seems a decent lad who's had his issues, but he obviously has no part to play and it's a wage we could obviously do with freeing up. After so long out it would be best for him too to go somewhere he is more likely to see game time.

On Gent, looks a decent prospect and hopefully can have a similar impact to Furlong last season.