Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Elaborate?

It was broadly covered whenever he signed.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/news/ross-county-fc-player-accused-of-abusing-ex-partner-has-tria-276299/

The case was dropped in January

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/spfl-star-walks-free-court-29022997

Edited by capt_oats

50 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Don't know if it's already been posted, but we're now 5 points clear at the top of the "Last 10" table, and also top the "Last 6" tables, both home and away. Who would have predicted that after Raith?

image.png.3ac88d19ee8c3c7a21308342dc9b001f.png

Massive

The way these things tend to creep up on weirdos is that someone reports them. I'm aware of the failings of the system when such things are reported, but there isnt anything other than that. Whether the additional stories alluded to above are real, or gossip spawned from the court case, or something else, who knows, but forming an opinion on someone,  or making accusations, based on hearsay isn't smart.

I must admit I'd completely forgotten Harry Paton existed until he signed for us.

Certainly if what our visiting friend says is true, there's no place for him within our club.

Equally if he's so convinced it's true he'll have no problem providing his real name and contact details to the admin and posting a detailed allegation.

Otherwise it looks rather pathetic.

I don't really know what stance any of us are supposed to have other than that he's free to play for us as he hasn't been charged or found guilty of anything, but that that doesn't necessarily mean he's innocent or that it isn't incredibly plausible behaviour for a footballer, as we've seen. I definitely don't know how we're supposed to clue ourselves in on any further rumours, particularly about stuff that he was apparently up to in Dingwall 3 years ago.

15 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

On another note thank you @thisGRAEMEfor a wonderful Patreon episode. It has been about 10 days since I basked in those two games in some form so it was well overdue to enjoy the retelling. 

Might I suggest some sort of follow up with the Bowman / Cardoso incident in the Moult semi final and the fallout culminating with Hartley laughing and then bulleting in a last minute equaliser against them. In short, can you just hijack this series into a f**k rangers series? Thanks in advance. 

Appreciate that mate. Quite aware that it's something that I feel like we've covered about a dozen times (a season, frankly), so glad to hear it still gets a pop!

There's a review of the season and where I feel we are coming up shortly as well, I believe.

15 minutes ago, TartanSpecial said:

Sorry to be THAT guy but we've only played bottom 6 or worse teams for those 10 games 😉

No monobrow sharers and RFC cosplayers are in that last 10

And?  If we keep beating teams that are in the bottom six, then it's very unlikely Motherwell will be joining them there 😉

26 minutes ago, TartanSpecial said:

Sorry to be THAT guy but we've only played bottom 6 or worse teams for those 10 games 😉

No monobrow sharers and RFC cosplayers are in that last 10

Fair point, however take it back to when Kettlewell took over and we beat St MIrren, Hibs, Hearts and drew with Celtic. All finished top 6. 

We've got St Mirren, Rangers and Celtic coming up. It'll be interesting to see where we sit after those three games.