Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 hours ago, MJC said:

That brawl was Fraser Kerr's finest moment in a Motherwell shirt imo. He was a very underrated contributor to that fracas.

I'll always have a lot of love for Craig Moore, the smallest player we've ever had not called Dan, first on the scene to start trying to fight every c**t he could see. 

If anyone ever sees him tell him I'm due him a pint.

2 minutes ago, rambunctious said:

He scored that many belters that I’d completely forgotten about that one. Cracker.

It was the most fitting way to sign off his time with us and so I love that goal as much as any of his apart the playoff at Ibrox. He is 100% not a Robinson type player and genuinely the player that has frustrated me most since I've watched us (I never get frustrated at players that are actually shite) and part of me wishes we had a wee touch of quality like that to add something to all the effort & fitness that we have.

Lionel Ainsworth was shite barring a couple of worldies a season.

14 hours ago, crazylegsjoe said:

Can't be the first occurrence of someone getting their Da's mixed up in Lanarkshire.

this didn't get enough credit.

It was the most fitting way to sign off his time with us and so I love that goal as much as any of his apart the playoff at Ibrox. He is 100% not a Robinson type player and genuinely the player that has frustrated me most since I've watched us (I never get frustrated at players that are actually shite) and part of me wishes we had a wee touch of quality like that to add something to all the effort & fitness that we have.

Definitely.

There were so many games you’d watch him terrorising full-backs to within an inch of their lives, whipping in ridiculous crosses and scoring absolute pingers and you’d think, “how are you only playing at this level?”. Then there were lots of other games when he just...wasn’t there, and you’d think “do you even want to play at this level?”.

The good games seemed to become more sporadic the longer he was with us. Up to the point towards the end of that last season a lot of fans seemed to lose patience/faith in him. I always loved him and like you say, that was the perfect way for him to bow out (and frustrate folk again just as he was leaving haha).

Robinson asked about Miller, mentioned in the piece in The Sun that just went up. Talks far more about Kipré than the perma-tanned w**k but:

Robinson said: “Kenny is a Rangers player. It would be wrong for me to talk about any player under contract elsewhere.

“But we are always looking to improve the squad.”

Edited by capt_oats

I remember going to see Billy Connolly at the armadillo a few years back , opening night and tickets were scarce , think I ended up paying double the price through some tout site. Got there and the place was ram-packed as expected but was puzzled why the entire row behind me was empty. Then I noticed it was because Kenny Miller had bought the whole row so that him and his bird could sit in the middle of it undisturbed . What an utter f*cking c*nt.

52 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

I remember going to see Billy Connolly at the armadillo a few years back , opening night and tickets were scarce , think I ended up paying double the price through some tout site. Got there and the place was ram-packed as expected but was puzzled why the entire row behind me was empty. Then I noticed it was because Kenny Miller had bought the whole row so that him and his bird could sit in the middle of it undisturbed . What an utter f*cking c*nt.

Tbf, seems it's probably in everyone's best interests that his bird is kept away from people.

Injury updates on 8 (EIGHT) players. http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2018/04/23/injury-update/

Injury update on eight players

Motherwell have a number of players currently sidelined through injury.

Andy Rose suffered an injury to his clavicle during the 0-0 weekend draw with Ross County.

After having an x-ray on Sunday, the club are monitoring how long it is necessary for him to be out and are, at this stage, still hopeful he will make the William Hill Scottish Cup final on May 19.

Curtis Main was also injured during the game in Dingwall. The striker had an x-ray on his wrist on Monday which didn’t show any initial fracture.

He will undergo further tests this week to determine the extent of the injury but is not expected to spend long on the sidelines.

Carl McHugh also damaged his front teeth during the match with County and had dental treatment on Monday. He is not expected to spend any time out.

As has already been announced, George Newell fractured his cheekbone during the William Hill Scottish Cup semi final win against Aberdeen. It is not yet known whether the young striker will need surgery.

The medical staff are also continuing to monitor an ankle knock sustained by Nadir Çiftçi in training.

Ellis Plummer, Peter Hartley and Craig Tanner remain our long-term injury absentees.

Edit to add: good to see #youngmotherwell's form's improved a bit (the double denim kit getting a revival too). Nice to hear Craigan giving shoutouts to Hastie, Livingstone, Turnbull and Semple in his post-match.

Edited by capt_oats