Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Muzz1886 said:

Stevie Woods wasn't as bad as people make out.  Saved a Mark Viduka penalty once.  

Was this at an away game? I can't remember who we were playing but it was away and they got a penalty quite close to the end and 2 of my dads mates headed for the stairs but my dad said to stay, it'd be saved. Not one for optimism, on this time he was right and it was saved.

Anyway, Kelly seems good when the defense is good. When we go on a good run, Kelly makes some brilliants saves and looks as good as our media team would have us believe. When we're on a crap run and the defense is crap then Kelly is too. I don't mean he stops making the brilliant saves, it's like he's lost all confidence or desire and then the realatively simple saves go by him.
90% convinced our Captaincy Armband has been cursed since Las left.

Yeah not the best to have to sack yet another one. But he's, arguably, got most of his first choice back. Been given weeks to at least sort the tactics and formation out to make us harder to play against, and at the very least stop losing such shite goals.

We're getting worse game after game. Soft as shite all over the park. Bottle has well and truly gone and opposition managers and players know if.

Zero optimism he can turn it around, get him to f**k.

Edited by Dosser1886

10 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Folk genuinely wanting to give him til December/January!?

I dunno if it is that folk want that, but I am certainly thinking we're gonna give him it.

I was all for binning Hammell and Alexander in similar circumstances but, for some of these players, they're now on a 3rd manager where they've seemingly just downed tools / form has gone off a cliff for no apparent reason. 

My opinion is that the club is as poorly run as it has been in a long while. Sure we're not burning money like we have in the past but the flip side is we're getting no value for what little amount we are spending. Recruitment has been largely rotten since the Robinson days and, even then, it was fairly hit and miss. Of our 9 signings in the summer only Biereth looks like he can offer anything. Obika and Souare were both broken, Bair is an athlete not a footballer, Wilkinson is neither, Spencer has one foot, Gent looks raw at best, Shaw is here by accident and I'm not sure Davor actually exists. 

I could go back over the past few windows (particularly summer) where we have an equally poor hit rate with signings and it leaves us in the exact position we are now in terms of horrendous winless runs and talk of binning managers. 

Tl:dr - Our problems go far beyond the manager. 

16 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

That papers over the cracks. 

Too many dud players. 

Totally, zero trust in him being given any more funds that he wouldn't spunk against a wall bringing in more "project" players that have been

a) shite elsewhere

b) total crocks

That he thinks he can turn around with a mere sprinkling of his magic pixie dust and incredible managerial acumen.

Looking forward to his latest post match word salad.

Edited by Dosser1886

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Callum Davidson incoming....

They have him already i think, that was a Davidson classic.

Absolute dogshit, pointless, football in a shape that isnt working. Panic when behind and just go all out attack, scab a result to save your bacon for another month.

Davidson done it about 4 times last season.

1 hour ago, AnderooMFC said:

Was this at an away game? I can't remember who we were playing but it was away and they got a penalty quite close to the end and 2 of my dads mates headed for the stairs but my dad said to stay, it'd be saved. Not one for optimism, on this time he was right and it was saved.

Anyway, Kelly seems good when the defense is good. When we go on a good run, Kelly makes some brilliants saves and looks as good as our media team would have us believe. When we're on a crap run and the defense is crap then Kelly is too. I don't mean he stops making the brilliant saves, it's like he's lost all confidence or desire and then the realatively simple saves go by him.
90% convinced our Captaincy Armband has been cursed since Las left.

It was at Fir Park I think, Viduka went down the middle, Stevie stood up to it and touched it over the bar.

Rumours that he was slow to move and that's why he saved it are unproven.

But possibly true.