Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Wouldn’t thank you one bit for Ali Crawford.

He’s not as good as Tanner, would get in the way of Turnbull’s development, and has hardly kicked a ball in two seasons due to injury. Even when he is fit he goes missing for large spells.

Agree with RandomGuy, there’s a fair chance he’ll end up back at Accies when he realises the best he’ll get down south is Bury, Grimsby etc.

4 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Crawford would be an awfy weird signing. He's a decent player, like, but he always seemed to raise his game massively against us and isn't an upgrade on Tanner.

On the other hand, when tanner got his injury, the last vestiges of creativity disappeared - we need to have a plan for that this season (even more so as Tanner won't be seen until after September). Robinson may have other ideas for the "Tanner" position from within the squad - but we do need a replacement/backup even if Crawford isn't it. 

I think there is a danger of looking at Crawford's performances against us and assuming that it what we'd be getting every week - if that were the criteria, Dougie Imrie would have been signed up years ago.  Also for the player himself, it would be a *major* minter to give it the "off to test myself in England" patter and then end a teeny bit further away from England on the other side of the M74....

On the other hand, when tanner got his injury, the last vestiges of creativity disappeared - we need to have a plan for that this season (even more so as Tanner won't be seen until after September). Robinson may have other ideas for the "Tanner" position from within the squad - but we do need a replacement/backup even if Crawford isn't it. 
I think there is a danger of looking at Crawford's performances against us and assuming that it what we'd be getting every week - if that were the criteria, Dougie Imrie would have been signed up years ago.  Also for the player himself, it would be a *major* minter to give it the "off to test myself in England" patter and then end a teeny bit further away from England on the other side of the M74....

Pretty much.

If there’s a legitimate criticism of this squad as it stands it’s that it lacks creativity. When Tanner’s season finished the goals dried up and even when he was playing we weren’t exactly free-scoring.

Once he’s had his leg re-attached and learned to walk again Tanner will have been out for the best part of a year. David Turnbull runs the show but even then he’s still only 18.

I don’t think asking Crawford the question is about upgrading on Tanner, it’s seem to be more about an acknowledgement that we’re short in that area of the park. Which is fair comment IMO.

I don’t really have a strong opinion on Crawford one way or the other. There’s clearly a reason he seems to be struggling to find a club but then again if he was the player that a lot of the posts on Steelmen seem to think they’re getting then it’s unlikely we’d be in with a shout.

For whatever reason his Accies career seems to have stalled and he’s gone from their next big thing with chat of moves to Rangers and the like to effectively conceding there’s not really much interest in him.

Life comes at you fast and all that...

I don't think any player who was at accies last season including Crawford would improve our squad,  the article of us being linked with Crawford smacks of desperation from his agent to drum up attention from clubs down south for him.     I personally we can and would get better from our usual market of looking down south than a team who finished below us in the league and only stayed up on goal difference,

Top six has disappeared.  7th or 8th is a more realistic and achievable target.  8th represents an improvement and I'd even take that, especially in view of our cup runs.  Lets now concentrate on beating Hearts in the cup.  We should be safe from relegation but now have some real battling to do in a very competitive bottom six.  Pre split I reckon we'll be in maybe 9th spot given our tough run of fixtures.
If we get knocked out out the cup by Hearts and finish 8th it'll have been a great season all told.  Still, a semi final place and 7th spot is not beyond us. 

Lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Top six has disappeared.  7th or 8th is a more realistic and achievable target.  8th represents an improvement and I'd even take that, especially in view of our cup runs.  Lets now concentrate on beating Hearts in the cup.  We should be safe from relegation but now have some real battling to do in a very competitive bottom six.  Pre split I reckon we'll be in maybe 9th spot given our tough run of fixtures.
If we get knocked out out the cup by Hearts and finish 8th it'll have been a great season all told.  Still, a semi final place and 7th spot is not beyond us. 

Lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Please kindly help and I will appreciate i