Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Oh...

Didn't see that coming. I certainly wouldn't sign him to make up numbers to the end of the season - we'll stay up anyway so save the cash. But if we do Indeed consider him part of the long-term plan, great.

4 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Didn't see that coming. I certainly wouldn't sign him to make up numbers to the end of the season - we'll stay up anyway so save the cash. But if we do Indeed consider him part of the long-term plan, great.

It's mentioned in Burns' article:

"The 26-year-old is a free agent after leaving Norwegian side Aalesund in January. Ebiye has been training at Fir Park and impressed boss Stuart Kettlewell. He is set to be handed a long-term deal."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

Dave's going to be devastated. Like you think you've got something special going with someone and then his ex arrives on the scene and you realise they're still friends and you don't want to be the one causing the problem so you pretend you're fine with it but really you're not and all you want to do is just go back to the way it was but you cant and it just causes a wedge between you then they get back together because you're the one that's made it weird and you're not sure how cos everything was fine and now it's not.

26 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Aye, my initial reaction was is it worth it at this stage.

However if it's a long term deal then fair enough. Bair is literally the only forward we have under contract for next season and as crazy as it would have seemed 3 or so months ago, if he keeps improving/scoring at his current rate he's bound to have interest as well.

Would be delighted if we could keep Vale but I imagine that could be difficult. Even a half fit Nicholson looks like he's still got plenty to offer and long term(if he wants to stay) it feels like he could help fill the void when Spittal inevitably moves on.

Fire Obika and Shaw into the sun. 

Something about him scoring against Aberdeen and parting the red sea. Dunno, haven’t quite worked it out yet but I’ll have some excellent bible themed patter ready for next season. 

30 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Scandanavian based striker you say…. 

Early days but I have told this should be an exciting signing for us. 

Presumably he's the one mentioned in January but his deal (at least initially) was to the end of 2023 so you wonder what the hold up was, if we were just unsure etc, did he hold out for another offer etc.

If the delay was on our wish, fair play...the feeling of having to have any striker to present at 2359 on deadline day must have been big.

5 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Aye, my initial reaction was is it worth it at this stage.

However if it's a long term deal then fair enough. Bair is literally the only forward we have under contract for next season and as crazy as it would have seemed 3 or so months ago, if he keeps improving/scoring at his current rate he's bound to have interest as well.

Would be delighted if we could keep Vale but I imagine that could be difficult. Even a half fit Nicholson looks like he's still got plenty to offer and long term(if he wants to stay) it feels like he could help fill the void when Spittal inevitably moves on.

Fire Obika and Shaw into the sun. 

I'm good mates with a couple of Blackburn fans and they've written him off... you never can tell of course but they gave the impression they're looking to get rid permanently in summer. Whether we could afford him a different matter ofc.

5 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Presumably he's the one mentioned in January but his deal (at least initially) was to the end of 2023 so you wonder what the hold up was, if we were just unsure etc, did he hold out for another offer etc.

If the delay was on our wish, fair play...the feeling of having to have any striker to present at 2359 on deadline day must have been big.

Yip. That’s the lads. Fitness concerns was one as has been out for a bit. Not sure if permit was/is an issue. 

Guys goals to game record from out wide is pretty decent aswell. 

18 minutes ago, CoF said:

Something about him scoring against Aberdeen and parting the red sea. Dunno, haven’t quite worked it out yet but I’ll have some excellent bible themed patter ready for next season. 

He's going to lead us to the promised land (of the top six).

19 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm good mates with a couple of Blackburn fans and they've written him off... you never can tell of course but they gave the impression they're looking to get rid permanently in summer. Whether we could afford him a different matter ofc.

I think he's out of contract in the summer. Given some of the absolute shite the Welsh have been calling up into the national team, surely giving him a platform to get in there, playing regular football, is a bit of a draw?

I'd sign him now, FWIW. He's great value for our level.

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I think he's out of contract in the summer. Given some of the absolute shite the Welsh have been calling up into the national team, surely giving him a platform to get in there, playing regular football, is a bit of a draw?

I'd sign him now, FWIW. He's great value for our level.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/october/24/vale-signs-new-long-term-deal/

2025 with an option apparently.

And aye, I'd sign him (and Gent) on three-year deals this evening if we could.

25 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

He's going to lead us to the promised land (of the top six).

Depending on what he does with his down time there will be something about a burning bush too.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Depending on what he does with his down time there will be something about a burning bush too.

That's Bob McHugh down the GUM clinic after a MegaBar razzle dazzle session?