Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

I see ATS has got the No3 shirt - That's not handed about too often. I think since I started watching us, that's only been worn by Boyd, McKinnon, McMillan & Hammell - anyone I'm forgetting in that time span?

Myfootballfacts tells me; Andy Dow and Danny Murphy can be added to this list.

Within the squad number era ('98 onwards) I believe it's been McMillan, Dow, Hammell, Danny Murphy, Jim Paterson, Hammell (again), Stephen Hendrie.

1 minute ago, Desp said:

Within the squad number era ('98 onwards) I believe it's been McMillan, Dow, Hammell, Danny Murphy, Jim Paterson, Hammell (again), Stephen Hendrie.

:unsure:

I only remembered Paterson being number 11 - couldn't find a pic with him at number 3..I'm sure you're right though

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

I can only find pictures of him with 11 on his back - or 18

He definitely wore No.3 during the first six months of McGhee's reign in 07/08.  He then moved to Plymouth which freed up the shirt for Hammell to take it on again when he returned.

Not to be too mean about him - but he is genuinely one of the most useless players I have ever seen at Fir Park. And I saw Gunni Jonnsson. And Jacob Blyth.

Edited by Swello

Just now, wee_bairn said:

Did he possess any raw ability where you could see with the right coaching, position and a drop in level he could succeed with? Motherwell are night and day ahead of us at the moment; any improvement on Alex Harris is welcomed.

At football? No.

To be clear - these views aren't because he left us, or did something to annoy the 'Well support or any of the usual reasons that ex-players get pilloried because I doubt any 'Well fan has any ill will towards him. He just didn't look like a professional footballer. 

Edited by Swello