Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Slightly related, but I see some Twitter journalist guy linking us with Brentford keeper Ellery Balcombe.

And you'll never guess who else is? Only Kilmarnock and St Mirren... 

I assume the club are providing every prospective signing with a sleek and shiny information pack detailing why European football is in fact, shite. 

6 minutes ago, CoF said:

I assume the club are providing every prospective signing with a sleek and shiny information pack detailing why European football is in fact, shite. 

"Don't risk getting lobbed from 40 yards by a Sligo defender".

6 minutes ago, CoF said:

"Have a calamitous season and you'll still more than double your wage on your next move" - surely that'll be our selling point to goalies this summer.

38 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Slightly related, but I see some Twitter journalist guy linking us with Brentford keeper Ellery Balcombe.

Give him £10k a week. I don't care if he's worth it, it's a point of principle.

43 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Contracted with Brentford until 2027 according to his Transfermarkt but seems to have been bounced out on loan regularly.

Screenshot2024-05-24at11_46_05.thumb.png.a01e18a2844ba25deade0752735323ff.pngScreenshot2024-05-24at11_46_45.thumb.png.2a3463a10bd36c8e41ac867276478e7f.png

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Contracted with Brentford until 2027 according to his Transfermarkt but seems to have been bounced out on loan regularly.

Screenshot2024-05-24at11_46_05.thumb.png.a01e18a2844ba25deade0752735323ff.pngScreenshot2024-05-24at11_46_45.thumb.png.2a3463a10bd36c8e41ac867276478e7f.png

Today is the first I've heard of him to be honest, if there is truth in it you'd expect a loan eh? Must be well thought of at Brentford to have a long-term deal, but at 24 he's no doubt looking for regular football. 

I canny keep up, is there a Scottish side with a link/partnership with Brentford? Not that I'm suggesting for one minute that becomes us by the way, the Netflix fella saga is more than enough takeover/investment chat. 

Edited by MurrayWell

6 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Today is the first I've heard of him to be honest, if there is truth in it you'd expect a loan eh? Must be well thought of at Brentford to have a long-term deal, but at 24 he's no doubt looking for regular football. 

I canny keep up, is there a Scottish side with a link/partnership with Brentford? Not that I'm suggesting for one minute that becomes us by the way, the Netflix fella saga is more than enough takeover/investment chat. 

Same initials as Barmack..

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Screenshot2024-05-24at11_46_45.thumb.png.2a3463a10bd36c8e41ac867276478e7f.png

Hmmmm.

6 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

There was a talk from a few months ago of the Brentford owner taking a stake in Dundee United in a similar way that the Bournemouth guy has done so at Hibs.

1 minute ago, camer0n_mcd said:

There was a talk from a few months ago of the Brentford owner taking a stake in Dundee United in a similar way that the Bournemouth guy has done so at Hibs.

Ah that was it, cheers. Thought there was a bit of chat about them. 

7 minutes ago, well again said:

Bullet dodged perhaps..

Aye maybe, who knows how he'll be or if we were in for him. To be honest I think agents just chuck in a few Scottish teams when it comes to these sorts of stories. It's always ourselves, Killie and St Mirren, with the occasional guest appearance from Dundee. 

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I was away to ask if that was big Ripley in goals for Morecambe turns out it was.

Screenshot2024-05-24at12_29_03.thumb.png.948b299c0a1900b4f86ab946d2a1f1e7.png

Liam Shaw as wel. That's Scott Sinclair and Quansah of Liverpool too. Derek Adams and Joey Barton the managers? What a league.