Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

30 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

How does the Kelly going to Rangers affect the Euros.

If somehow Kelly managed to make the final team which team benefits from the club payment of a player? Assuming we are onto nothing as it's into June?

28 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Think his contract ends after the euros, so we'd get the payments. I don't see him getting into the squad mind you. 

I am 95% sure he was asked to, and signed an extension. A lot of fitba contracts run out June 30th. Scottish fitba saves a months wages by having them until May 31st. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am 95% sure he was asked to, and signed an extension. A lot of fitba contracts run out June 30th. Scottish fitba saves a months wages by having them until May 31st. 

Aye, we did the same with Gallagher presumably as a quid pro quo to take the gun away from his head.

The official site actually updated his contract details to reflect that, Kelly's still shows as being up at the end of May which given the whole Kettlewell extension affair isn't really worth much.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/player/liam-kelly/

These were the Gallagher changes:

267083213_ScreenShot2021-04-16at08_27_30.thumb.png.d2c4a13563f4e75547cf0b8ee5799766.png340380251_ScreenShot2021-05-07at13_15_52.thumb.png.aa16e5a7048357249dcc5a3a7a7fa5c3.png

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Alanos said:

I’m still convinced Clarke will take 4 keepers, to avoid difficult decisions and noses out of joint. Jack & Doak seem the obvious ones to drop out.

Clarke seems to have a strong loyalty gene, that would be the only thing that got Kelly on the plane.

I don't know the exact particulars to it but I remember reading that the money goes to the team the player served over the past season, even if you have a guy on loan I'm sure you even get a cut of it.

I know this season is one Kelly will want to forget but it would be a shame to miss out on going when he was the only one thats consistently been there throughout the qualification. 

I'd rather have Bevis than that Livi Diddy.

is the OX no.1?

Offering Butcher anything is mind blowing to me.

Obika's details being missing is a mind f**k.

Just 11 senior players on the books. Is that a record?

Kettlewells recruitment hit rate has been pretty decent (with some obvious exceptions) so I’m kinda optimistic he’ll put a decent team together this summer. 

Clear as mud really when everyone with a tracksuit and black gillet aren’t covered.

Kelly deffo walking. Positive.

McGinn signing a potential 2 year is welcome-ish.

Bevis still in the picture is worrying.

SOD being offered a contract too has a feel of getting the band back together about it.

If Okiba has any sort of Hail Mary after playing the equivalent of 5 halves of football then someone needs put in stocks and pelted with rotten fruit.

23 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Bevis is never leaving this club, eh. 

Heard that the slight delay in announcing he's re-signed is just down to ironing out the fine details on who he wants as the opposition in his testimonial....

Suppose we don't have the context of what deals have been offered.

Butcher, for example, may have been offered a significantly reduced deal because Kettlewell likes having him about, but if he's no going to play much then the contract has to reflect that.

Could be a similar situation with Bevis, if he's happy to stick around as more of a squad player then fair play.

Great news about McGinn (captain?). Hopefully Nicholson and SOD stay on too. 

Spittal we knew about, interested to see where he fits in at Hearts.

Glad to see Kelly leaving, while he's had his good moments over the three and a half years, after this season's horror show it really was time for a change, for both parties. He'll pick up a decent wedge sitting on the Ibrox bench and playing the odd cup game. Look forward to him chucking a couple in at Fir Park when we dump them out in the quarters next season. 

32 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Offering literally all of that defence from last season a new deal is some approach...

Absolutely horrendous. I'm not surprised in a way but absolutely...Jesus Christ. 

3 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Absolutely horrendous. I'm not surprised in a way but absolutely...Jesus Christ. 

Yeah, decision making like this could have me grabbing a pitchfork and sanding shoulder to shoulder with @Busta Nut very easily.

I mean he was only foiled from keeping the defence pretty much intact by Butcher thinking he could get more elsewhere.

33 year old - offered a deal (declined), 33 year old offered a year with an year option and a 32 year old looking like he's been offered the same.