Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

His collection of the cones at Easter Road was top notch, he was bending down and picking up and the hamstrings withstood it all.  Kettlewell has retired him.

47 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

March 2025

Jonathan Obika is the new permanent manager of Motherwell Football Club.

April 2025

GET OBIKA TO f**k

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

March 2025

Jonathan Obika is the new permanent manager of Motherwell Football Club.

Who'll be in from Oct to Feb?

Potential all Irish defence next year…. Sounds like we are signing another Irish centre half. Been mentioned on here before. Kofi Balmer from Crystal Palace. 

Also heard. Not surprisingly, that Nicholson and SODs have agreed new deals, 2yrs and 1 yr respectively. 

Lost out on 3 keepers so far aswell. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Potential all Irish defence next year…. Sounds like we are signing another Irish centre half. Been mentioned on here before. Kofi Balmer from Crystal Palace

Also heard. Not surprisingly, that Nicholson and SODs have agreed new deals, 2yrs and 1 yr respectively. 

:lol: surely not...

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Potential all Irish defence next year…. Sounds like we are signing another Irish centre half. Been mentioned on here before. Kofi Balmer from Crystal Palace. 

I've genuinely never been more sure of a player signing for St Mirren than I am now.

2 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I've genuinely never been more sure of a player signing for St Mirren than I am now.

We’ve apparently had a 75K offer knocked back by Palace, but some journalist on Twitter saying both clubs still negotiating. 

4 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Not sure he can play in the same team as bevis.

6 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

We’ve apparently had a 75K offer knocked back by Palace, but some journalist on Twitter saying both clubs still negotiating. 

I always find it amusing when high level English clubs are involved in negotiations like this. "Right, now we've settled £15m to buy our new incoming nobody, let's sort selling this guy to Scotland for a set of tracksuits and case of irn bru bottles..."

I know it's probably just part of the three-way negotiation when the player will (presumably) want some kind of pay off for moving to a lower wage but even so.

Anyway, I see Jordan Tilson, who Kettlewell signed for County in 2020, has been freed...

I'm hoping that the training top Obika is wearing is a hint towards the next away kit, the original luminous kit is a favourite of mine so an updated version would be great.

2 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Anyway, I see Jordan Tilson, who Kettlewell signed for County in 2020, has been freed...

He was mentioned on here before, I think. Maybe a United fan on Twitter saying they'd heard he was speaking to us?

Not sure I'd be thrilled with another early 30s midfielder joining us, tbh.

35 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

He was mentioned on here before, I think. Maybe a United fan on Twitter saying they'd heard he was speaking to us?

Not sure I'd be thrilled with another early 30s midfielder joining us, tbh.

No, and when we already have Davor/Halliday for the deeper dirty role Miller as a - so far anyway - deeper passer and Paton who can chip in, it seems an odd thought to me as well.

If we assume Nicholson and Slattery stay, I'd only look to sign one more midfielder unless a remarkable can't miss opportunity emerges.

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

No, and when we already have Davor/Halliday for the deeper dirty role Miller as a - so far anyway - deeper passer and Paton who can chip in, it seems an odd thought to me as well.

If we assume Nicholson and Slattery stay, I'd only look to sign one more midfielder unless a remarkable can't miss opportunity emerges.

Aye, my preference would be to get the wing backs sorted, a centre half (or two, depending on Bevis/SOD) and if we had the budget to stretch for it, a winger to give us the option to play a proper front three as a Plan B.

13 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I'm pretty sure our interest in Balmer would have cooled or even ended after the Rooney signing as rumour went that we were looking at him to replace Strain as a RWB rather than right side of CB.

We definitely need a new LCB but already have Bolton and Fraser who can play at RCB, so would be honestly shocked if Balmer was still on our radar for that reason.

22 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Stevie Mallen is probably the next target we'll be linked with before he signs for St Mirren.

Robinson would eat Mallan alive. He's neither physical enough nor involved enough for a Robinson team.

He'd hover about 30 yards from goal and ping all sorts of cracking efforts at the target, though which is immensely entertaining but in a team full of dig, he definitely needs a player or two to do that side of the game for him. The definition of a luxury player.