Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

44 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

The restraint they have shown has been incredible given the absolute pile of shit the current executive board has dumped on them and some of the total bollocks posted by Barmack. 

Precisely why I can't be in any position of authority. Just couldn't hold back. Well done all of them. 

I've seen a few people on social media claim that they can still vote for Erik's proposal, and that he would be able to work hand in hand with the Society to implement their plan. A "win/win" for all concerned.

It should be pointed out that this isn't the case. 

Under Erik's proposal the majority of the Society plan comes undone. it would be unworkable.

2 minutes ago, David1979 said:

I've seen a few people on social media claim that they can still vote for Erik's proposal, and that he would be able to work hand in hand with the Society to implement their plan. A "win/win" for all concerned.

It should be pointed out that this isn't the case. 

Under Erik's proposal the majority of the Society plan comes undone. it would be unworkable.

Under Eriks proposal, I cancel my DD.

He can fund his own takeover.

I wont be the only one.

I do however wholeheartedly support the WS proposals and will increase my DD as and when the Wild Sheep proposal is voted down.

Maybe those in favour of the deal should think about that and ask Erik what his plan is for the club if the WS cant provide the moneys he has written into the deal.

57 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

I said this over on SO so will say it here; I think the WS Board have been handling themselves incredibly throughout all of this and are a credit to the Society, The Club and the fan base.

Was about to post exactly this - they have come out of this with a lot of credit (and I'd imagine it's been pretty rough going for a few months).

3 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Maybe those in favour of the deal should think about that and ask Erik what his plan is for the club if the WS cant provide the moneys he has written into the deal.

That's a key question I've asked several times without receiving a response.

As far as I understand, since it hasn't been clarified by the involved parties in any way, if the deal is approved by the Society, the Society will be obligated to fulfil its end of the bargain, which amounts to around £1.3 million over six years.

Failure to meet that requirement would be considered a default, and there would be some form of financial penalty attached. It might be that the rest of the loan (conveniently secured against the stadium) would be waived as a form of payment. However, once those funds are exhausted, I imagine it will involve some form of shares being transferred to Wild Sheep Sports to the value of the amount still owed.

I may be overly cynical here, of course, but no one involved has told me otherwise yet. I don't think the Well Society should approve any deal until this matter is confirmed in writing and legally approved.