Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I can see what you lads were on about, Gorrin is a great watch. Some proper tackles, some lovely stuff including a chip that set up a goal but should've been a goal in itself, and he also nearly started a fight at the end that got him a yellow in a friendly :lol:

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

If Bair is definitely away and if the wages are right then I’m 100% onboard his return train.

We can't afford him. Even if we wanted him back. I was very sorry to see him go and in hindsight Im not sure if that's been the best move for him but we won't afford the wages he'll be after. I think it's time we moved on from him 

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

If Dundee sign Gorrin I'm voting for Barmack.

Nah, if Dundee sign Gorrin and Barmack gets in, I'm advocating that the current WS board resign on the spot and follow the actions of the FC United model they quoted in their manifesto and, in the face of a hostile/laughable* American takeover, set up FC Motherwell doon the Globe (is the park still there?) and Eric and the 3 Stooges can go and get fucked.

*Delete as applicable. 

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I can see what you lads were on about, Gorrin is a great watch. Some proper tackles, some lovely stuff including a chip that set up a goal but should've been a goal in itself, and he also nearly started a fight at the end that got him a yellow in a friendly :lol:

Proud Billy Gardell GIF by CBS

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aye that's Gorrin, talented and mental in equal measure and always entertaining. If he signs on for you and can stay fit (and out the refs book) , you've got yourself a pler. 

2 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Aye that's Gorrin, talented and mental in equal measure and always entertaining. If he signs on for you and can stay fit (and out the refs book) , you've got yourself a pler. 

Absolutely this. He made us tick back when we were flying. He moves the ball really quickly and efficiently. Allows the more talented players to do their thing. 

Pretty gutted as he would be great in our team just now beside Miller. However we have wee Dave who I do love also. 

Gorrin was great when he was fully fit, a wee b*****d (but in a good way) and really tidy on the ball. Dundee will have done well there if they sign him up. 

KvV returning? As much as folk loved him here, for most of the time, even if he was willing to take a really low wage, I'd still really need to think about that one. 

Edited by MurrayWell

12 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Gorrin was great when he was fully fit, a wee b*****d (but in a good way) and really tidy on the ball. Dundee will have done well there if they sign him up. 

He's one of of the few former players who I've consistently thought I'd quite like back here since he left. Always checked him on Football Manager as a potential signing too. 😅

Being reminded that we only got 6 proper months out of Ally Gorrin is making me sad. No idea if he’s still up to it after his injuries but if he’s back to where he was when with us then it’s a great pick up for Dundee, and I’m happy to admit I’m jealous. 

1 hour ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Anyone get along to the Well Society members surgery tonight?

I was there. I'll let others post their bits n pieces. It was a good event. All the board members were present.

1 hour ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Anyone get along to the Well Society members surgery tonight?

Yeah, first I'll say fair play for Tom to show up and defend his position when others resigned rather than do so. He moved closer and closer to the fire escape near the end but stayed in the room .... just.

I can only speak to what I asked him directly as my hearing isn't good.

With respect to the "Which is why we are recommending it unanimously as a Board." from the club statement on the 10th. I asked him if this unanimous was of 3 or 5 people. He said 5. When asked why he carried his own view and not the majority of the WS board's to club board vote he said it was because the WS hadn't voted on it by that stage. I suppose the issue is why are the club board voting before the owners two representatives sitting on it can take direction from their own board or asked to go back for clarity (well we know the reason for that lets not kid ourselves). Secondly it raises questions if he was unaware of the mood of the WS board that was a surprise to him when the 6-3 vote happened.

He admitted after pushing that he was uneasy that the minority shareholder had casting vote, but he voted initially on Erik's 10th June scheme where it was the WS on 46% and Erik on 49% where he was majority.

There's an unwavering attitude that Erik is a nice guy and the 2 club employees on the board are the WS's new safety net. Others asked if they had shown to vote for Erik's proposal how can they be trusted to vote with the WS in future. I asked what would happen if they had to abstain. He said he couldn't imagine a situation where they would and asked for an example. So I suggested their own renumeration and could probably think of a few more if given enough time. We were advised that he felt the FD could vote on (his superiors) CEO's salary and the CEO on the FD's. Another P&B'er asked what if the Erik as chairman suggested both their salaries were cut by 25% "to cut costs", which he would carry and then potentially being pushed out to be replaced. He didn't think it would happen as Erik's a nice guy and recognises we have two talented individuals working for us.

Next the numbers. Bit like my dealings with Erik, any income or good stuff you highlight is talked down and the risks are amplified to suit a narrative. For example despite every WS member in the conversation saying they would cease any future contributions as the model has changed, he continued using the past years raised revenue in his projections. When advised we just told you all of us would cease he repeated he felt it would continue but even if it dropped to 100k there would still be enough in the reserve. When @Busta Nut brought up Lennon Miller & Theo Bair's resale value his answer was well Lennon could get an injury tomorrow and out for a year and may not come back like he is. That continued on with me bringing up the Sky deal and how the SPFL prize pot grows by £5m and 10th gets an extra £250k over this years figure. Both had a healthy dose of caution poured over them.

I asked what would happen if the WS reserves were wiped out by year 4 and there was nothing available in the October of that year to ensure the club was a going concern for the following 18 months at audit. What had been discussed so far? What would be done? Who would need to act as a guarantor? We were told we would know if things were looking bad and could plan ahead for it ... Not good enough. I advised we had been presented with this as a six year plan, you have to outline what would happen in every contingency, these need to be defined. Would Erik need to stump up half a new reserve to have the accounts signed off. Tom didn't think it would be an issue and said it had not been discussed.

We can't vote at present with so much stuff up in the air and not clearly defined.

Questions asked that were not answered adequately include what happens in relegation and what happens if the WS defaults on its mandated contribution targets.

Edited by Vietnam91

9 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

There's an unwavering attitude that Erik is a nice guy and the 2 club employees on the board are the WS's new safety net. 

He's a nice guy? Well, why didn't they just say so? That's me convinced to sell the club for pennies and flush the Society down the drain then.

9 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

A small footnote in the current chaos, but I really do wonder why he thought "pro's" merited an apostrophe, but "cons" didn't.

That's nothing, his preceding post contained a "boulderdash" and a "vaccincies" in its opening sentence, but that may just reflect the obviously ANgRy tYPiNg that was happening at that point 😉