Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, David1979 said:

This is true. I've seen a few Rangers fans saying they are "winding folk up" because we voted to send them down years ago.

shame we cant leverage that free rent into CRM funding.

When some spotty wee 14 year old on FB tells me I'm negative and don't know what I'm talking about on the investment then I give up.

Thank f**k he doesn't have a vote.

44 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

does anyone know off the top of their heads what constitutes a "Top Fan"? (My initial speculation based on the quality of the posts was that it was a slightly pish abbreviation for "Top Fanny", but I'm willing to stand corrected.)

Hey, I think I'm a Top Fan on facebook! The site does it automatically for those with increased engagement to the posts. Nearly everything that comes up in my feed from the club gets a "like", and occasionally a comment, so I get a badge. The social media team have no input to it, and it says nothing to the actual content. To provide context, I also became a Top Fan of Kesha on facebook by commenting "play Scotland" on all her posts for about week.

Not a WS member but a season ticket holder, and I don't think I'd download an MFC app either. Even if it does include fan-only exclusive content of.. uhm... SOD's Tim Hortons order or Kett's halftime Team Talk Tips (2hr long).* I also live ~10mins away from Fir Park, and don't think there's much that could be done to get me there earlier on a matchday. No Q+A with the players, acoustic singsongs from the center spot, facepainting... none of it.

*How will the players react to this if it goes through? "Oh hey Seddon, that contract you've just signed now includes a documentary cameraman following you and your family about this week. And after that we've got someone from Wild Sheep who's gonna talk to you about growing your brand to promote the club. Then you've to go to makeup before shooting some MFCAPP content..."

8 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Not a WS member but a season ticket holder, and I don't think I'd download an MFC app either. Even if it does include fan-only exclusive content of.. uhm... SOD's Tim Hortons order or Kett's halftime Team Talk Tips (2hr long).* I also live ~10mins away from Fir Park, and don't think there's much that could be done to get me there earlier on a matchday. No Q+A with the players, acoustic singsongs from the center spot, facepainting... none of it.

Now you mention it, I’d actually be interested to see how many points Kettlewell can get through in 15 minutes. I’m feeling generous, so I’ll guess two. 

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

Saw earlier today that I've become a 'rising contributor' on the absolute shit stain that is the Motherwell Facebook groups. One of the worst days of my life.

I accept that I could do with being more receptive to other points of view when it comes to motherwell things, but f**k those c***s. I joined one of those groups a while back, and realized that supporters of the same team can live on different planets <grandpa Simpson gif>.

Also, I watched a terrace podcast breakdown of our begging video and want to punch a window.

1 hour ago, scmwell said:

This is exactly where I am. The proposal from EB may have some good ideas and contacts but the existing board/chairman should be removed and negotiations restarted with the WS having more involvement as there seems to be guys who are posting on here have more investment/corporate experience which should be utilised. 
For what it’s worth both proposals seem to use a lot of business talk but with little substance to them, I don’t have any experience in this area but just seem like a lot of buzz words from both sides. 

Just to clarify; I can't stress how under-qualified I am for almost any professional role.

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Did Hearts not do a behind the scenes documentary a few years ago (maybe with BBC Scotland?) that no one watched or gave a shit about?

Aye. I think hearts had final cut on this, hence why despite an incredible collection of circumstances playing out, it was quite dull, because hearts, understandably, didn't want to show themselves up. 

I fucking love these docs btw. V much my jam, but similarly, they live and die on the chaos/personalities. 

Sunderland one? Like @RandomGuy.says; brilliant. A collection of terrible decisions caught on camera.

All or nothing: man city - terrible. literally the only memorable thing is the sound wee kit-man guy.

All or nothing - Michigan Wolverines; incredible viewing, because Jim Harbaugh is a legitimate psychopath who takes a whole college football team to Rome to train like gladiators and meet the pope. 

With the best will in the world; do we have a club full of characters that people will fall in love with? Maybe! There's only about 6 members of staff though so it'll need some shift to do so. Will we be run like a disaster for your entertainment? I'd sincerely hope not.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. It's generally the same folk but it's depressing to see folk falling for McMahon's narrative.

This guy for example has convinced himself by speculating that we'll post £1.5m losses...now I maybe wasn't paying that close attention but that isn't what was projected at the AGM (@StAndrew7 can perhaps confirm).

Screenshot2024-07-05at20_24_52.thumb.png.664317b1c6ca4d8b3dd128bcb6505994.png

This pains me.

2 hours ago, rowsdower said:

I live and work in the USA, and I have to explain to folk that Im from trainspotting scotland, not Braveheart/Outlander scotland.

That was brilliant, I laughed at that.

1 hour ago, santheman said:

When some spotty wee 14 year old on FB tells me I'm negative and don't know what I'm talking about on the investment then I give up.

Thank f**k he doesn't have a vote.

I can deal with wee guys. It's the dim 30-50 year olds I can't stand. 

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

All or nothing - Michigan Wolverines; incredible viewing, because Jim Harbaugh is a legitimate psychopath who takes a whole college football team to Rome to train like gladiators and meet the pope. 

I do love the ones that aren't fitba.

The 30 for 30 series is my favourite series of sport docs. sensational stuff.

There are many motherwell fans that will absolutely die on the hill that player salaries that are posted on the internet are real, because they are posted on the internet. Not surprised to see EB is one of them. American sports teams salaries are generally public knowledge

I also saw someone post the other day that they'll be voting on the EB proposal because someone on the WS hurt their feelings. We're the best.

On the sports docs, the Australian cricket one is awesome, especially the first season where they're all gimps with feelings.

2 hours ago, dezz said:

Did Hearts not do a behind the scenes documentary a few years ago (maybe with BBC Scotland?) that no one watched or gave a shit about?

And there was Peterhead (Trawlermen I think it was called) - they had to subtitle that one.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

So obviously chucked together at the last second in a desperate attempt to counter the Well Society's plan.

I was away to post this. Oooops.

I suspect he's lifted the numbers from Kieran Maguire who made that initial mistake.

Tsk, tsk. Copying other people's work will get you in trouble...

Edited by capt_oats

When we're back to posting some prime Lionel and writing off trialists this time next year - this close season will seem like a weird dream.

Posted (edited)

I'm sure he referred to Kieran as an expert in the document. He's a "busy as f**k" amateur and I feel qualified to say that as I'm one too.

Edit: yeah he did:

Recent financial analysis by experts such as Kieran Maguire underscores the competitive revenue streams across SPFL clubs

Edited by Vietnam91

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Oooops.

I suspect he's lifted the numbers from Kieran Maguire who made that initial mistake.

Tsk, tsk. Copying other people's work will get you in trouble...

You genuinely couldn't make this shit up! (Unless you're Erik, obviously.)

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952xpowqkrt193lvjg1jeoho3f7f6k3ivida6xou5ku&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g