Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Voted and rejected the offer but still would be open to some better investment offer in the future. I like the ideas of trying to grow overseas but the offer wasn’t solid enough for me at this time. 

Back to talking about the actual fitba in the future for me here for a bit. 

16 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Just read the replies on that Tweet, and heartening to see that, with the exception of one person in favour, every one was full of derision, questioning motives, calling for McMahon to go and, most importantly, appear to be very resounding NO's.

I think all those fighting the good fight is starting to reap the rewards and getting the results we're hoping for.

It’s worth pointing out that of the 26 RTs 21 of them are QTs and again the majority (if not all) are negative.

IMG_6989.thumb.jpeg.721df05a21c395952a453cb74331acfd.jpeg

Reject vote in.

Its gonna be a long 2 weeks waiting on the result.

Fingers crossed it goes our way and by a big margin.

Then the WS can get on with the job of getting rid of the deadwood and re-structuring the club in a democratic way so that shit lime this never happens again!

2 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Voted and rejected the offer but still would be open to some better investment offer in the future. I like the ideas of trying to grow overseas but the offer wasn’t solid enough for me at this time. 

Back to talking about the actual fitba in the future for me here for a bit. 

Complete agreement from me on this.

Actual collaborative and sensible offers are welcome.

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, I was saying the same to a mate on the phone last night. I am absolutely open to the right kind of investment; just not the first and least worst offer from a bag of shite, frankly.

Any fair offer that doesn't take the piss would be novel.

The bold Jim shouting from the rooftops "this deal is good because ..... erm ...... he's why the WS are useless".

Notice is assigned to him and him alone, not the club board like all previous statements and no supporting signatories. You would hope there's been an epiphany among the rest of them.

6 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye I'd like to revisit investment/partnerships/whatever you want to call it at a time when the people trying to bring it in aren't off their tits on hallucinogens. 

Posted (edited)

Lads, it's The Thread's moment in the sun.

SEO likes the Taylor Swift reference.

Lovely stuff from Nick McPheat. Genuinely, this is sensational.

Screenshot2024-07-08at13_15_29.thumb.png.f1dc6e86bc8f8c27d3b2f5e8f4087517.png

Edited by capt_oats

Posted (edited)

McMahon is now attempting to encourage others to back the Barmacks in a statement that initially spelled their name incorrectly four times, published more than an hour after voting opened on Monday morning.

Poetry. Shear poetry.

Edited by StAndrew7
Sheer to shear because it's the best pun ever.

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

I think all those fighting the good fight is starting to reap the rewards and getting the results we're hoping for.

It's definitely heartening but I'd be a little concerned those efforts just turns those platforms into the same echo chambers as here so those who disagree just stop engaging. I'm still all for keeping it up mind, just a note of caution (which I will be telling myself and others for the next 14 fucking days).

I would honestly love to hear Alan Burrow's views on the current state of play. He was always pretty fulsome in his praise of Chairman Jim but he must be watching all his favourite press contacts and mates trashing the Exec Board through his fingers...

Maybe he'll be sharing a Reject screengrab from his Aberdeen laptop later as part of the WS campaign :) 

Anyone else get the impression that Jim McMahon just canny accept when he's wrong? Must be a delight to work with...

This is all getting very desperate. He could have just stepped down saying "here, you should look at investment to work alongside the WS" and left it at that. Feel this drawn out shitshow is the result of an overinflated ego, surrounded by too many people unwilling to challenge or put it in check for far too long. 

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Jimbo. 

Posted (edited)

Result - I actually got three votes - due to me signing up family members including my wife when it was initially launched 🙂

Edit - I should have said WE got 3 votes. For once my wife has agreed with me....for once 😉

Edited by welldaft

Yeah it's not been how the new society board will have wanted to go about launching their strategy but the way they've gone about their business under pressure has been superb. 

As one of the group of Well Society fans who paid in initially but hasn't signed up to the monthly payments (it was always a "I'll get to it at some point"), I'll 100% be putting in regularly should the vote go our way.

11 minutes ago, fat_tony said:

Yeah it's not been how the new society board will have wanted to go about launching their strategy but the way they've gone about their business under pressure has been superb. 

As one of the group of Well Society fans who paid in initially but hasn't signed up to the monthly payments (it was always a "I'll get to it at some point"), I'll 100% be putting in regularly should the vote go our way.

Their communication has been impeccable. I was all for scorched earth and calling everyone and their dog a c**t, and that's why I'm happy to just pay my subs and let the smart ones handle it.

Stepping up when there is a threat to the club is exactly what we need fan ownership for, and I hope that if things don't go the way most of us on here hope, that enough of us will support the society in keeping the new lot in check.