Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 hours ago, Firparka said:

The guy does have a track record in making digital entertainment, so fair play. But couldn't we just cut him a great deal something like: make a documentary about MFC, full access to club, players etc and Wildsheep get to keep 90% of the profits?  It publicizes the club and he gets to have fun making a documentary and makes money, assuming it is good enough. We don't need to sell him the club for him to make money from using the club as a way to make programs. 

This was exactly why I was cautiously optimistic about the (then) unspecified American bid and completely dismissive of the Aus/Asian combo. You then hear it's EB and think exactly that, there is a path to a win-win scenario.

Only he can truly answer why he wants so much more but when we're not in a desperate situation, accepting all that risk is totally needless.

Again without knowing EB's motivations, you wonder if a deal could have been found had the WS not been ignored by McMahon and shafted by Dickie and Feely. You'd think not but I suspect we'll never know.

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Not seen much comment on last night's game on here - how did we look?

Report from my Dad was... (Note: Old man in mid 70s who does what he wants...so take the for what you will given recent conversations...)

Zach promising 

Moses sharp 

Wells impressive, needs senior minutes 

Paton excellent 

Gordon solid. 

I was on the house watching the Spain game so I've no idea myself.

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Not seen much comment on last night's game on here - how did we look?

Report from my Dad was... (Note: Old man in mid 70s who does what he wants...so take the for your will given recent conversations...)

Zach promising 

Moses sharp 

Paton excellent 

Gordon solid. 

36 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Report from my Dad was... (Note: Old man in mid 70s who does what he wants...so take the for your will given recent conversations...)

Zach promising 

Moses sharp 

Paton excellent 

Gordon solid. 

Your old man certainly does do what he wants… He’s decided Gordon was solid despite him not being in the squad 😂
Good to hear Wells having a positive impact albeit against lower league opposition. Hoping he’s the next one to break through after convincing him to knock back some English interest. 

48 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Report from my Dad was... (Note: Old man in mid 70s who does what he wants...so take the for what you will given recent conversations...)

Zach promising 

Moses sharp 

Paton excellent 

Gordon solid. 

Your old man was spot on about Gordon , 10 spectators injured and a load of broken seats in the wee stand😂

3 hours ago, dezz said:

Your old man certainly does do what he wants… He’s decided Gordon was solid despite him not being in the squad 😂
Good to hear Wells having a positive impact albeit against lower league opposition. Hoping he’s the next one to break through after convincing him to knock back some English interest. 

Hahaha. To be fair, he said, our number 4 and I just assumed it was Gordon!

4 hours ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Although in saying that, paneer Timbits sounds do-able.

You don't realise how close your original comment was to getting hit by a downvote. 

Luckily you redeemed yourself with this post here.

Also, good chat from @thisGRAEME on the signings - agreed on Hendry and that we need another wing back (preferably on the right) but I'd also add a more creative midfielder; I like Nicholson but I'm not 100% sure he's going to completely fill the Spittal void.

The #MoneyBall aggregate might come in across the midfield but I'm not convinced.

Edited by StAndrew7

On the actual fitba side of things, it looks like we're guaranteed at least one trip to Hampden this season to play Rangers. Hopefully as it's their first 'home' game there they'll be a little unsettled and we can take advantage to do the cvnts again.

Also, I hope they are being charged a suitably extortionate rate for hire of the stadium (but in reality we all know that won't be the case since the SFA, who they claim to hate, will bend over backwards to accommodate them as usual).

There's a Motherwell mention on none other than Kieran Maguire's 'Price of Football' pod and holds his hands up about the mistake.

There's no real discussion one way or another but he certainly highlights that the reaction to the 'takeover proposal' (his words) has been "mixed". :lol:

39 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

On the actual fitba side of things, it looks like we're guaranteed at least one trip to Hampden this season to play Rangers. Hopefully as it's their first 'home' game there they'll be a little unsettled and we can take advantage to do the cvnts again.

Also, I hope they are being charged a suitably extortionate rate for hire of the stadium (but in reality we all know that won't be the case since the SFA, who they claim to hate, will bend over backwards to accommodate them as usual).

They'll claim it is still Ibrox. (How often will I say this before I get bored?)

Looks like live coverage of Saturday's game on MTV. Not sure if its video or just audio.

Nice to be able to play Lewis Irons bingo again (especially when Slattery's back).

And how often will a thrown-in be taken from "inside the dug-out"?

As an aside I notice that after silence since last Friday AM Barmack Tweeted about the article he's written for The Ankler last night.

There's no shade or snark to this, it's just an observation.