Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

100%, he'll try to re-write history then he'll find some other club that he 'fell in love with' and try to rip them off as well. Either way if there is any truth to this rumour it can only be seen as a massive, massive victory for The Well Society. The writing has been on the wall since TWS plan and then when McCafferty pointed out all the inaccuracies to his plan I didn't see a way back for him. 

I've a cunning plan, m'lords.

As Australia is 24 hours ahead of us timewise, I'll wait until just before tomorrow night's Euromillions before contacting someone out there to check the winning numbers. The winnings I'll give to the Well Society (less my £2.50, of course).

Such a simple and obvious plan I'm shocked nobody has thought of it before.

See, I'm also very much in the 'believe it when I see it' crowd but if it has indeed been pulled I'm less interested in the Barmack side of it. I mentioned the other day that realistically with the extent of the scrutiny it's difficult to see how he could move forward even if the vote went in his favour.

What I'm far more invested in is Jim McMahon's reaction.

Just now, capt_oats said:

See, I'm also very much in the 'believe it when I see it' crowd but if it has indeed been pulled I'm less interested in the Barmack side of it. I mentioned the other day that realistically with the extent of the scrutiny it's difficult to see how he could move forward even if the vote went in his favour.

Sad Baby GIF

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Bored Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Just now, capt_oats said:

Definitely. As much as you can say EB could persevere just incase he wins and buy a good business at a discount, you can also see why he logically decides an victory from here is pyhric (as tbf he said when he actually posted on here) and as such, f**k that, it's not worth the hassle.

McMahon will have to summon up what's left of his dignity, say I fulfilled my promise of finding investment and respect the decision to reject it. And presumably discuss exit arrangements with the Society.

Ofc he may cling on and have to be removed kicking and screaming but why bother, he is a Motherwell fan after all. "When the fall is all that's left..." etc.

Can't believe Barmack is literally following the monorail sketch. 

Presumably it'll be announced he's pulling out to invest in Shelbyville instead.

Edited by RandomGuy.

21 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He did say from the outset that he wouldn't want to take things forward without substantial support. 

13 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Quite a few injuries listed at the moment.

Any idea how long McGinn, Nicholson and Slatterly in particular are out for? 

Club website has just posted an update. Only know because I've ben refreshing every 5 mins for the past hour.

3 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Club website has just posted an update. Only know because I've ben refreshing every 5 mins for the past hour.

The Well Society's scheduled tweet about Dirk Lehmann was lovely but really not what I was hoping for.

Anyway, injuries. Shame we won't have 300k extra to invest in prehab or safety orbs for anyone training with Liam Gordon.

Just now, Handsome_Devil said:

The Well Society's scheduled tweet about Dirk Lehmann was lovely but really not what I was hoping for.

Anyway, injuries. Shame we won't have 300k extra to invest in prehab or safety orbs for anyone training with Liam Gordon.

Liam Gordon ensures every other team in the league spend £300k on medical insurance. I like this long term financial planning in operation.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I'll believe it when I see it. 

No, look, it’s official!!!

image.png.56ff6899f70ff4e5a996bd9ea75c8c28.png

One day she’ll resist the urge to post every single inane thought that flits across her cerebellum, but today is obviously not that day.