Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I get that point of view but He's an absolute athlete, Train him to perfect some of the basics and he's gonna score goals.

I agree with this. He's not just an athlete but with a bit of faith in him he's just relentless. Makes the same good runs over and over again, if someone gets their head up at any point they will find him in acres of space, as Spittal did consistently.

19 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I get that point of view but He's an absolute athlete, Train him to perfect some of the basics and he's gonna score goals.

This is true.

27 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

For all that he had a great season and could have carried it on, it's also highly possible he never scores another goal in his life.

But this is also true for me

16 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

They're paying for potential. 

As is this. 

I'd happily take the €1.5m plus add ons and hope he does well for Auxerre. Thanks Theo. 

On 22/05/2024 at 09:17, capt_oats said:

Part of me would very much enjoy it if we were able to match whatever St Johnstone got for Ali McCann. Purely for vibes.

Realistically though, if there's a guaranteed £800k on the table with some extra achievable add-ons then as others have said we'd be daft not to take it. Not least because it'd cover that existence threatening but entirely hypothetical shortfall that was apparently never a problem until McMahon decided it's a matter that simply must be addressed 6 months ago.

When you look at his attributes then @Busta Nut's point about him appearing very coachable is bang on.

I think the thing with Bair is that for all you can make the argument that it's a "good 6 months" or whatevs, he's still relatively young and you can equally make the argument that he wasted a year in Perth with a collection of absolute diddies on the coaching staff who apparently didn't know what to do with him.

As @dezz says, it'd be another to add to the sales pitch when trying to recruit players and of course it'd be another slice of income for the "fan-ownership doesn't work" crowd to choose to ignore because income derived from a revenue stream of our stated business model seemingly doesn't count.

@RandomGuy. - what did Ali McCann actully go for in the end?

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

@RandomGuy. - what did Ali McCann actully go for in the end?

Steve Brown said £1.2m guaranteed money, with "easy add ons" taking it to beyond £1.7m. I've always guessed they were to do with appearances/caps but don't know.

Getting a fee for Theo is great, but if he becomes the one (or at least the first since marv) to make us something from a sell on clause, that would be just magic.

Filling in 2 years worth of financial black holes is pretty nice.

6 minutes ago, Jastons6 said:

Where are people planning on parking in Hamilton next weekend?

Obvious answer is Morrisons but they have a maximum 3 hr stay policy 

IMG_1574.jpeg

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

I agree with this. He's not just an athlete but with a bit of faith in him he's just relentless. Makes the same good runs over and over again, if someone gets their head up at any point they will find him in acres of space, as Spittal did consistently.

I'm just thrilled that news today has simultaneously elicited the same reaction from our chairman and Eric Nicholson.

You tell a saints fan 1 year ago that Theo Bair would be going for Ali McCann money 12 months later then they'd have demanded you sectioned.

33 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Absolute social media chat, but Allan Campbell being mentioned alongside Dundee United. We simply cannot allow that, get those Bair billions put to good use! 

Fwiw.

Will be curious to see how he does in Ligue 1. From what I have seen of him with Canada he has struggled to make the step up to a higher standard but with regular minutes he has the ingredients to continue improving 

17 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Will be curious to see how he does in Ligue 1. From what I have seen of him with Canada he has struggled to make the step up to a higher standard but with regular minutes he has the ingredients to continue improving 

How long has that been ?

Devante Cole a free agent. Would we take him back to replace Bair, if we can afford him wages wise. 

From what I’ve heard at the game yesterday, we have a striker signed as a replacement already. No names or anything just something discussed by a few folk around me.