Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

Will be curious to see how he does in Ligue 1. From what I have seen of him with Canada he has struggled to make the step up to a higher standard but with regular minutes he has the ingredients to continue improving 

To be fair, he's not really been given much of a chance to show if he can make the step up.

49 minutes ago, Richie said:

There was talk of Callum Hendry

Joined MK Dons a day or two ago. EDIT - Just seen the post above 

Devante can come back here for 6 months, score a lot of goals and then bugger off. Rinse and repeat. 

Edited by welldaft

I googled Decanter the other day to see if he’d signed for anyone. Apparently his current team is us. 

It would be nice but he’ll go to the championship in England I’d guess.
6D11864D-BC0D-4EC3-8FA9-B698677E2237.thumb.png.769cb0b52bc6e95f1471ac8b5e887f66.png

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Will be curious to see how he does in Ligue 1. From what I have seen of him with Canada he has struggled to make the step up to a higher standard but with regular minutes he has the ingredients to continue improving 

Do you think there's much chance of him becoming a regular for Canada? No fault to him but just from looking at your squads it looks like there's a lot of folk ahead of him playing for pretty decent club teams.

As a Belle and Sebastian fan I always enjoy it when Jonathan David pops up.

7 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Do you think there's much chance of him becoming a regular for Canada? No fault to him but just from looking at your squads it looks like there's a lot of folk ahead of him playing for pretty decent club teams.

As a Belle and Sebastian fan I always enjoy it when Jonathan David pops up.

David plays in behind the striker for Canada usually though. Cyle Larin is the out and out striker and he scored 7 in 42 for Mallorca last season

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Well…

It's funny that clubs usually play down the amount they get while SK now taking the full value of everything...I suspect he'll be having more than one curtain call on this while insisting each time he doesn't want credit. Fair enough really.

It would've been nice to see him get a big send off at Fir Park but if we're getting bids of over 1.3 million you can't complain too much. He's been unplayable since Mika got recalled and whilst I still maintain that the criticism he got in the first half of the season was unfair it's very easy to see how far he's come as a player in such a short space of time.

If nothing else and this deal goes through I am glad we have stuck to our guns and knocked back some low(er) ball offers. 

I have just read that Celtic Korean striker Oh has joined Gent for £4.5m. Yes they did pay £2.5m for him apparently, so it is not a direct comparison. All that said he only bit part played in around 20 matches and scored a fairly measly 5 goals in the process. 

10 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I googled Decanter the other day to see if he’d signed for anyone. Apparently his current team is us. 

It would be nice but he’ll go to the championship in England I’d guess.

@Desphas links to Barnsley and he was saying he scored all his goals in the early part of last season, before going through a massive drought and loss of form and his departure was more him being released than him leaving.

That said, he'll get another team in League One no bother and we'll be miles away in his pecking order.

You need to assume we've already been spending the Bair fee on those already signed up but with SK after 2-3 more, do we also assume one is a striker, one is a 10 and one is...maybe a cheap and/or speedy rwb if JK injured for a while?

We seem absolutely stocked at CB and most of midfield and a swapping someone for Bair keeps us at four forwards.

I'm struggling to remember a pre-season where the squad seemed as settled and complete in mid-July as it is now.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

33 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm struggling to remember a pre-season where the squad seemed as settled and complete in mid-July as it is now.

Probably 2017/18. We all know what happened then.

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Genuinely might be the best business done in Scottish football in a decade or more. 

And if we take Ketts at his word, the fee is likely to cover 2 seasons of our legendary shortfall in one go. With the money we’ve got in the bank right now and whatever we get for Lennon eventually, we are easily looking at 5 years of financial stability and a chance to move away from “year to year budgeting”….

20 minutes ago, Swello said:

And if we take Ketts at his word, the fee is likely to cover 2 seasons of our legendary shortfall in one go. With the money we’ve got in the bank right now and whatever we get for Lennon eventually, we are easily looking at 5 years of financial stability and a chance to move away from “year to year budgeting”….

Tbh, this is another reason why Kettlewell's choice to volunteer that information is as interesting.

I mean, I get that he likes to talk but it goes some way to undermining Executive Board's framing of why they're apparently desperate to sell the club out to some random for buttons. It already seemed wilfully disingenuous on their part to begin with without Ketts piping up in front of the press to say..."Actually, no it's more than the figure you've seen quoted".

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, this is another reason why Kettlewell's choice to volunteer that information is as interesting.

I mean, I get that he likes to talk but it goes some way to undermining Executive Board's framing of why they're apparently desperate to sell the club out to some random for buttons. It already seemed wilfully disingenuous on their part to begin with without Ketts piping up in front of the press to say..."Actually, no it's more than the figure you've seen quoted".

Unfair of me but I never considered that as a possibility, I assumed he was just blowing his own trumpet...but very funny, intentional or not.