Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 minutes ago, ropy said:

Did Theo cost us anything? St Johnstone must have paid up his contract and SK was reported as saying that he was on buttons with us.

We terminated his contract so joined you on a free.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I hope Zach Robinson turns out to be utter shite for you and can't lace big Theo's boots. Not because I want you guys to have a shite season, but I miss him and want to be proven wrong about his potential.

Thank you.

I've literally only seen him in the Linlithgow highlights so no basis to judge but I was thinking earlier narratively speaking, Robinson outscoring Murray after yous spend money on him just seems like a very Scottish Premiership thing to happen.

24 minutes ago, ropy said:

Does this work for loan contracts i.e. would we get anything for a £4M Mika Biereth transfer? 

Doesnt seem like it.

Don’t know if anyone can help with this. I’ve added Premier Sports for one month to my Amazon Prime account only to find that the “ televised match” tonight is Hibs. 

I checked the  premier sports website prior to purchase and it says that a stream of our game at Montrose is available- how do I access the stream then if it’s not televised? 

Apologies in advance I’m a bit of a Luddite ! 

2 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

Don’t know if anyone can help with this. I’ve added Premier Sports for one month to my Amazon Prime account only to find that the “ televised match” tonight is Hibs. 

I checked the  premier sports website prior to purchase and it says that a stream of our game at Montrose is available- how do I access the stream then if it’s not televised? 

I would try to download the premier sports app and try to sign in with your amazon credentials. Then I'd imagine there would be a list of games waiting.

25 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Davor is either going to get sent off tonight or score a hat-trick

Can't it be both?

29 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Would I be right in saying 

1. Turnbull 3.25

2. O'Donnell - 1.75

3. Bair - 1.6

In terms of transfer fees

I think McFadden is up there, in or around where O'Donnell is. We sold him for £1.25m initially, I'm sure, but got a cut of his £6m move from Everton to Birmingham. Sure we ended up with about another £500k.

Edited by Desp

9 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I don’t think the month subscription entitles you to the streaming games - if it does it’s not clear.

To get the premier sports streamed games it was a £9.99 “Matchday Pass” 

Was £1.75m not mental money in the early 90s? Wiki says the world record at the time was £13m- the equivalent to that would be us selling someone for about £30m now, but I assume the POD money didn't feel as transformational as that would be?

28 minutes ago, Muirton Saint said:

We terminated his contract so joined you on a free.

Aye, I meant across the year, you effectively paid his wages and we gave him expenses.

6 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Was £1.75m not mental money in the early 90s? Wiki says the world record at the time was £13m- the equivalent to that would be us selling someone for about £30m now, but I assume the POD money didn't feel as transformational as that would be?

Alec Mcleish made sure it was transformational.

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

There's a football transfer inflation calculator that has a 1.8 million transfer fee in the 1992-93 season working out at 25 million in today's money. Unsure what method they used to get to that but I'd guess that it wouldn't be too far off.

5 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Definitely not but we also spent it badly - if we'd achieved proper return out of 350k for mcskimming, 200k for Hendry, 150k for Roddie etc, there'd have been more of a big change feeling...I guess the money also helped fund the Cooper Stand? Or at least make repaying the financing a bit easier.

17 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

I don’t think the month subscription entitles you to the streaming games - if it does it’s not clear.

To get the premier sports streamed games it was a £9.99 “Matchday Pass” 

Yes thanks to everyone who replied.

You are correct and I just wanted to post this in case anyone else does this.

Amazon credentials won’t work or log you in on the Premier Sports app. The only way to watch tonight’s game is to get the Premier Sports app itself and so I rang Amazon and they have refunded me. Now just buying the match day pass for tonight direct with Premier Sports and will now just go to the game on Saturday seeing as there is no big telly option 👍