Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Cleared off the line for Montrose. Good save from the Ox.

This wee fucker of a referee is the same gimp who was in charge for the infamous Aberdeen home game last season. He has not improved. A blatant foul on Miller…play on. A slight nudge in the back. Foul to Montrose. Arsehole. 

Deserved all we have got from this. Total control but inept going forward. Totally inept. Misplaced passes. Poor crosses. 

Means we will likely have to beat Partick in the last game at this rate. 

1 minute ago, welldaft said:

Deserved all we have got from this. Total control but inept going forward. Totally inept. Misplaced passes. Poor crosses. 

Means we will likely have to beat Partick in the last game at this rate. 

That was probably the case anyway.

But aye, no complaints, we eased off and they deserved it - if only for producing one more coherent attack from open play than we did all game.

I’m not bothered about drawing with Montrose as these league cup games are glorified friendlies in all but name, but 1 up front with no Spittal-esque player is an appalling strategy regardless of the opposition. If we go with that v Ross County on August 3rd I’m going to lose the plot. 

I'd like to see more of the big Serb, hopefully we will.

At least Paton managed to get another 88 minutes under his belt….

SK obviously confident of gaining the points required against Clyde and Thistle. All just an elaborate ploy to get some practice in incase the final goes to pens. All well taken so a worthwhile exercise. Nothing to worry about..