Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I think it's incredible, certainly going by the initial pictures, it's an instant like compared to the home kit which, albeit looks better in the flesh is still not great.

3 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I think with tartan efforts you always need to see it in real life to be sure but first impression is that's pretty sweet.

It's the tartan that I'm really bumping against.

Also, the actual fit...absolutely nothing against SODs but that shirt looks too small on him.

Away-kit-site_790x500_acf_cropped.jpg

Yeah that doesn't work at all for me. It's like wearing a patterned shirt with a different patterned tie, which is one of the worst mistakes you can make....has to be one or the other.

Well, not one of the worst mistakes...accidentally killing your gran would obviously be worse, but in the context of clothing it's quite the faux-pas.

Edited by Al B

I usually end up buying the away strip but not so sure this year. I did not care for the home top but like many it has grown on me especially seeing it in league cup matches. 

I don’t hate it but I feel they could have added a bit more tartan other than just the sleeves. A line down both sides and all around the collar. That may make it more bowfing. Plus I would prefer the actual normal badge.

It may look better in the shop but I am favouring the home top as a purchase.

19 minutes ago, Al B said:

Yeah that doesn't work at all for me. It's like wearing a patterned shirt with a different patterned tie, which is one of the worst mistakes you can make....has to be one or the other.

Well, not one of the worst mistakes...accidentally killing your gran would obviously be worse, but in the context of clothing it's pretty bad.

Aye.

Pick one or the other. Either have the tartan trim with a solid colour for the body without the watermark or have the watermark pattern with a solid trim (personally I'd go with the latter).

These being the first strips post-Burrows feel like they're saying a lot about whoever it's been at the club giving the sign off.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

28 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Very initial thought is it's not for me. Tbh, it's giving Partick Thistle.

Had the same thought myself. 

I like the idea of tartan on it, I just don't think this one has worked.

18 minutes ago, Al B said:

Well, not one of the worst mistakes...accidentally killing your gran would obviously be worse, but in the context of clothing it's quite the faux-pas.

Admittedly I'm only peering at it on a phone but is the main shirt pattern not just the trimming tartan in greyscale? I can't be bothered about zooming in to check but that's what I meant about seeing in real life...if it is drastically different I agree it's an ugly clash.

As for the fit, I imagine they only have a shirt or two so far and if SOD is a little bulkier than he was at 18 so be it... certainly in general I prefer clothes which 'fit' rather than the baggy monstrosities of the 2002-2004 era.

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

As for the fit, I imagine they only have a shirt or two so far and if SOD is a little bulkier than he was at 18 so be it... certainly in general I prefer clothes which 'fit' rather than the baggy monstrosities of the 2002-2004 era.

Macron - you usually have to go up a size or too. I can squeeze into a 6XL but, then again, I'm a fat gnome.

https://www.macron.com/uk/size-guide

Edited by Cedrics Mighty Well Army

12 minutes ago, Desp said:

Had the same thought myself. 

I like the idea of tartan on it, I just don't think this one has worked.

Do the same thing with the tartan trim but a white shirt and claret lettering and I imagine it'd look a lot better. IMO.