Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The away top was a bit too Bay City Rollers-esque for my liking until I grasped the designer's concept of a rosy 'Well future represented by the vivid sleeve trim versus the dark and brooding Barmack tarmac tartan slinking off defeated in the background. Either that or it's just a bit of an eyesore.

Edited by Squonk

I do quite like that. I agree plain grey with the tartan would look better though. Another slight gripe is the "MFC" writing in absence of the badge. For me that should be an occasional feature, rather than on every away shirt.

I'll probably buy the wee man it in the sale in the spring 😆

It’s another cracker. Slight concern about the whole Man United away strip debacle from many years ago, but looks smashing. 

Stop moaning you fussy b*****ds. 

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Also, the actual fit...absolutely nothing against SODs but that shirt looks too small on him.

Away-kit-site_790x500_acf_cropped.jpg

The fit looks awful. 
I mean Macron sizing is fucking awful but I doubt I'd get one of those to fit me. 

Aye, I've not bought 'Well top since the C&A pin-stripe one (2015-ish) but having looked at the Macron size guide, I'd be buying a size with a hefty number of X's on it.

Not good for the ego, so it's a 'not for me, Clive'.

Absolutely horrendous away top. Everything from the overall shade to the tartan trip on the sleeves just doesn’t work. 

That said, if we play up 2 up front and Halliday and Paton aren’t wearing it at the same time, or at all, then it might grow on me. But not much. 

The clubs own grey tartan would have looked much better and not so garish.

Also wonder if the inclusion of tartan is an attempt to appeal to overseas markets. Was Erik at the consultation!? 

7 minutes ago, Pepper said:

Also wonder if the inclusion of tartan is an attempt to appeal to overseas markets. Was Erik at the consultation!? 

The Tartan idea was definitely floated at that meeting we had, no suggestion as to how it would be used though but in general I actually quite like that top. Not a purchaser of replica jerseys anyway so doesn't matter much to me but aye, decent effort I think

16 minutes ago, Pepper said:

That Tartan is the Club's; it was launched a few years ago with Sol wearing it. The dark one belongs to Dalgleish Kilts, I think. They also did a deep red/claret one called "Fir Park Dress" 20 years ago but I think that's gone, now.