Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I'm not saying we shouldn't have signed him because of his circumstances, but it is very on brand 2024/25 Motherwell that we spend six figures on a striker for the first time in many years and he arrives without a pre-season, lacking match fitness and jet lagged, having just become a father for the first time on the other side of the world.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

Re supporters attitudes, I think that changes with age / experience.

I dont remember my first game, but Ive been told I was 4 years old so would be mid 70s and peak Pettigrew/Graham.

Ive found as I get older, actual results bother me less and less and I get over bad ones pretty quickly these days. But the club itself means more to me than ever.

Not sure if thats representative across all the middle aged to older supporters but my guess is it would be.

Edited by joewarkfanclub

The Balmer one is a puzzle. Even with Blaney out he does not get the nod. 

We paid money for him I believe. He has a hell of a long throw which must be a decent weapon.

I thought he would be 1st choice CB. Puzzling….

Edited by welldaft

2 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The Balmer one is a puzzle. Even with Blaney out he does not get the nod. 

We paid money for him I believe. He has a hell of a long throw which must be a decent weapon.

I thought he would be 1st choice CB. Puzzling….

Also in the cup games he looked the more assured of our defenders. Comfortable on the ball. Strong and a goal threat at set plays. Can’t be having that eh… 

That team is sending shivers up my spine like I haven’t seen since the McCall, 5 RB’s at home and Fraser Kerr at RW era. 

2-0 Motherwell, Apostolos to make a name for himself with a brace, the Ox to save a Tav penalty and an intervention to get me off the drink by 5 o’clock. 

Well that was just awful defending.

A simple cross into the box and a free header across goal to allow Dessers a tap in.

Would need to see it again but Casey seems at fault for not bothering defending.

And as I type 1-1. An own goal.