Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

KVV didn't make the squad for Groningen's first game of the season..

Maybe he's injured? In which case, I look forward to us announcing him as a new signing. 

Tony Watt rumours doing the rounds and getting serious traction. 

Genuinely what are folks thoughts on this? It’s a tough one. Is he what we need? I don’t get the impression he is a Kettlewell type of player. 

17 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Tony Watt rumours doing the rounds and getting serious traction. 

Genuinely what are folks thoughts on this? It’s a tough one. Is he what we need? I don’t get the impression he is a Kettlewell type of player. 

No thank you.

There's a reason he moves around so much, he's a w**k.  Also, outside of a good half season with us, he doesn't score a lot.

However, anyone not made of tissue paper would be a good addition right now.

Watt would give us a reasonable link between midfield and attack, also gives you that bit of dig which we are seriously lacking at the moment. 

Could probably do better, could also do much worse. 

Where are you seeing/hearing traction @wellboy1991 can’t see anything here, SO or twitter 

Edited by Neil86

3 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Watt would give us a reasonable link between midfield and attack, also gives you that bit of dig which we are seriously lacking at the moment. 

He is the attack.

5 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Where are you seeing/hearing traction @wellboy1991 can’t see anything here, SO or twitter 

Had it from three or four different sources over the course of the weekend. He’s the one heavily pushing for the return seemingly, we are interested in it aswell.

Personally for me it’s a no. Get your point tho about him being a link from midfield to forward. 

In 70 league appearances Tony Watt made 25 goal contributions for us. As much as I think he's a bit of a helmet, he was a good player for us.

Would he be able to do it again? No too sure. He does seem to be one of those players who does well when he's trying to prove a point, one of the factors in him doing as well for us first time around. 

He has ants in his pants. But he moved for a longer contract and more money. Like many of us on here would not do that.

We are in a pickle and need someone to link midfield and attack. He does or did that reasonably well. 

If we were looking for a 2 to 3 year contract. No not for me. If we are looking for a season only contract / impact then I say fine.